Problem with my new game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with my new game

Hi guys I just bought TF2 and I installed it but when I try to play it loads up and when im about to join my whole computer restarts anyone know whats up with that. If any one knows about this problem please help me. Oh yeah I bought the orange box and you know how it comes with like three or four more games it does the same with them too I try to play them but my computer just restarts.
    thank you for your help
    Shadowolf expect the unexpected.

2007 Fall tornament Team Awesome Undefeated 8-0 and they were doubting us.:row__537:

Re: Problem with my new game

Sounds like a hardware/driver problem to me.

Comment

Originally posted by .tritone. View Post
      Sounds like a hardware/driver problem to me.
      do you know what i can do to fix this?

2007 Fall tornament Team Awesome Undefeated 8-0 and they were doubting us.:row__537:

Comment

It may be corrupted. Try reinstalling the game.
        Pyronoid |TG|

Comment

Originally posted by highly_flammable View Post
          It may be corrupted. Try reinstalling the game.
          I did twice but keeps doing it.

Comment

you can always try updating your video drivers

That and search the steampowered forums for similar issues.

Comment

Originally posted by .tritone. View Post
              you can always try updating your video drivers

That and search the steampowered forums for similar issues.
              How do I or what do I do to do that?

Comment

There were a TON of people with that problem on release-day. Including me. I think i fixed it by typing something in my launch options for the game. But since my computer just crashed today and i just finished reinstalling everything, I lost whatever it was that i typed in. As soon as i find out, ill let you know.

Comment

Computer reboots out of the blue usually happen for unfortunately, a lot of different reasons. I've seen this behavior when adding hardware and the powersupply was too small or had the wrong amps to the wrong channels. One time is was due to a failing but not dead CMOS battery. In your case, it sounds like it's more on the software side though. Having old/incompatible drivers can cause it. Sometimes it's just the app doing something really dumb.

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
                  "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
                  - Wulfyn

Comment

Originally posted by SloppyJoe View Post
                    Computer reboots out of the blue usually happen for unfortunately, a lot of different reasons. I've seen this behavior when adding hardware and the powersupply was too small or had the wrong amps to the wrong channels. One time is was due to a failing but not dead CMOS battery. In your case, it sounds like it's more on the software side though. Having old/incompatible drivers can cause it. Sometimes it's just the app doing something really dumb.
                    Do you have any suggestions on what I can do to help stop this problem

Comment

Find out what kind of video card you have.
                      Go to that manufacturer's website and look for software/drivers/support/downloads page.

Download the (latest) drivers for your card and you should be good to go. Might want to investigate that launch parameter that SG mentioned - I don't know anything about that.

Comment

www.steampowered.com should have some answers for you, check out the support pages.

- -

Comment

You might (like me) require DirectX 8 for the game. Set your launch options like this:

Code:
                          -dxlevel 81 -width 1400 -height 1050
                          Obviously change the two number values after width and height to your preferred resolution.

If this doesn't work, try reverting your drivers if they're updated, or updating them if they're older.
                          The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                          I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X