Realism...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realism...

I was reading in another community's forum about how they are trying to make their gaming experience as real as possible. A couple of things they mentioned interested me. One topic they touched on was eye blinking. They set up their server so the players had random eye blinking. If you ask me, I kind of like this idea. Would make game play real.

I dont know if it is possible, but what about a twitch every once in a while, is this possible as well.

Let me know if anyone likes this idea. Maybe we can vote and get the idea into the right hands to make it happen, that is if it is possible.
    Last edited by MONKERZ; 11-12-2007, 04:44 AM.
    Allen: Yeah, you're right.
    Monkerz: I think "that" in its self proves my intelligence greater than yours, thus joo have just been pwnt by Monkerz!

Re: Realism...

That's a great idea. But my only problem is most action sometimes is real fast and when that you blink as a defender, you could be dead just like that- though i would like to have a trial for that to see how it is.
    The reason I call myself "the village idiot"? Name a teamate I haven't accidently shot yet.
    ----
    Playing as "Nikon", "the_village_idiot", or "villge_idiot"

Comment

Originally posted by MONKERZ
      I dont know if it is possible, but what about a twitch every once in a while, if this possible as well.
      Like in one eye or both? If it's in one eye, I would start to have thoughts about my player character losing marbles... :madsmile:
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
        Like in one eye or both? If it's in one eye, I would start to have thoughts about my player character losing marbles... :madsmile:
        No, I mean a body twitch, a gun jerk. Something along that line. :P
        Allen: Yeah, you're right.
        Monkerz: I think "that" in its self proves my intelligence greater than yours, thus joo have just been pwnt by Monkerz!

Comment

I twitch enough as it is.

Problem is, in real life, the brain knows when you're about to blink and your visual system momentarily shifts modes to re-acquire identified objects after the blink. That's why you don't really notice a blink unless you're paying attention or a T popped out and shot you while you were being a mere mortal. A computer math.rnd() blink would probably be rather distracting.

Comment

tbh you blink and twitch while playing the game, i think this gives as much realism as you need in that department.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
            Winston Churchill

Comment

This would give me a migraine. Please don't do it.
              The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
              I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
              Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Disciple View Post
                tbh you blink and twitch while playing the game, i think this gives as much realism as you need in that department.
                nuff said..
                Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Disciple View Post
                  No kidding.
                  I have a tendency to just sit there and doze off when I'm defending really late at night.

Comment

That's a bit hardcore, you'd find that type of experience going outside to shoot a .22 more fullfilling IMO. :P

- -

Comment

I think players should have random heart attacks. It's stressful work. It'd be cool to see a teammate just keel over every now and then.

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
                      "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
                      - Wulfyn

Comment

tbh you have anough random heart attacks while playing the game, i think this gives as much realism as you need in that department.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
                        Winston Churchill

Comment

Also don't you think that when a Terrorist pops out you could restrain yourself from blinking?...
                          Good idea, but might need more development than that.
                          Pyronoid |TG|

Comment

We blink while playing anyway, so yeah I wouldn't want to get the headache from that.

I like Sloppys idea. Not only would it be funny it would bring the real tragic sense to that team playing. :) Maybe 2 reapers could come out of the wall with a strecher to clean up :)

FUN FUN

Comment

Originally posted by SloppyJoe View Post
                              I think players should have random heart attacks. It's stressful work. It'd be cool to see a teammate just keel over every now and then.
                              or as yer mom put it sunday afternoon in offices 'im gonna run in and start to have a seizure, when im shaking on the ground and they start to look at me funny, dome piece them grab the hosties and run away, once they follow, ill stand up and dome piece them from behind' not exact quote.. but damn close