Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFG Files

Hey

I was wondering if anyone has any opinion on what you should have in your config.cfg or autoexec.cfg files as I keep editing mine trying to find the best settings.

I'm looking for better fps and just wondered if anyone could post their files or just the 'best' bits.
    You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system.

Re: CFG Files

The first thing to know is that most of the stuff on the internet is bogus. Like that 101 rates junk. That stuff spreads like a rumor.

The best route is to identify what should be changed and add the changes. A few simple scripts, like walk or voice chat toggles are useful. Some people like to have switchers for crosshair size and color.

FPS wise, the only command you really need to start with is +show_budget. Find out what the root of your low fps is. If it's Client Animation, it's your CPU that's slow. Overclock.

Comment

I used to be really concerned about this sort of thing... then I bought a new video card and my cfg file magically disappeared from my list of top priorities.

If you're not having performance issues the cfg file is really good for setting up your custom binds or views or for completely ****ing up your CS install.

Comment

FPS solutions
        Search function FTW!
        Pyronoid |TG|

Comment

Ok

Get the picture, get a job, buy squeeky new mean machine, lose life playing cs at gazilion fps....

(I just want smooth fps, rather than dropping 50 when there are more than 5 people in view!)

pci express has gotta be my next upgrade option I think.
          You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X