Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im gone for a while

but its not by choice.. i swear!!!
    if any of you were there to see my join/leave server marathon monday night... i have come to the conclusion that my GFX card is fried... 1 min after i boot a 3d application, kaboom!!!.. or at least... artifacts appear... all the chat letters turn into something similar to farsi, then the characters turn purple, my character turns into mercury and the ground goes black... the orange gun silloette when someone dies looks more like an orange checkerboard, and well.... i have a crack in my keyboard tray part of my desk now... so i wont be able to play much of anything (aside from MINESWEEP!!!!) for the next few weeks (i can afford a new one....short term lol, gotta keep the xmas budget from melting away) im thinking of jumping off the ATI fanboat due to a lack of..... stability, performance,ect... the 8800GT is a hellu bang for the buck... within 5% stats from the GTX for less than half the cost... ill shot around and maybe see yall back here soon!
    powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Re: im gone for a while

yep sounds like your card bit the dust.. Sorry to hear that man.

- -

Comment

Does your card have a fan on it? If so, it might have gotten gummed up so when you run 3d it starts to heat up. Of all the fans I've seen, video card fans seem to bite it more than others.

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
      "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
      - Wulfyn

Comment

well, after hours of denial in my card being toast(y)(no pun intended) i tried various 3d apps that dont require a cd rom to play (my cdrom rejects all discs for some reason) i came to the conclusion that only CSS doesnt work.... after doing a wipe and full reinstall (fresh download from steam) i logged on for about 20 min with no errors... but i am SO still getting the new card!!! (if i can find one).... all 8800GT no matter the manufacturer/site.. are sold out (newegg tiger direct amazon at least... i dont trust any other sites.