Problemo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problemo

Well, I have been having bad lag issues. They tend to go away when I turn my shader and texture settings down to low. When they are set to high (recommended) I can run fine with 50-70 fps in most areas. Sometimes, when i look at certain things, or in open areas (i think) it goes away. I can go in a corner sometimes, and it will run fine, but if i turn out and look into the open, my fps drops to like, 4. I tried running video stress tests with the settings on high, and textures flickered black and i though my card was melting down. I also noticed that in the net_graph scanner thing, when my fps drops, my ping skyrockets, but only in net_graph, not on 'ping' in console or on the scores screen.
    So to recap, as of recently, my fps drop and render me useless in some areas, at some times. I cant find a difinitive link to anything, and the only thing that seems to help is turning textures and shaders down in the options menu. Any suggestions/places i can find help?

Card is a ATI Radeon X800GTO 256 PCI-E
    Processor is a AMD 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+

Ok, just learned that it is the Textures that is causing the problem. They cannot be set to high.
    Textures work BETTER on medium. Still have some hard lag spikes, but nothing constant like it was. Still getting ping jumps along with them. Quite positive it has nothing to do with the connection. Maybe some sort of rate issue? Im not sure how that works. Still a work in progress.
    Last edited by SG; 11-27-2007, 02:02 AM.

Re: Problemo

Could be your drivers, fragmented hard drive or some overheating going on.

- -

Comment

Overheating is the most likely. I'd check that out first.
      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Did I mention that it ONLY happens on CSS. ArmA, what i though to be a much more demanding game, runs fine. BF2 as well. LOTRO ( :row__631: ) runs well on high settings too. So I dont understand how overheating could be the problem.

Comment

They all use different technologies and files. Your best bet if it's only happening in CSS is to read up on the steam support section and follow all their suggested solutions. Verify GCF files, delete some others, update vid card drivers etc.

- -

Comment

Wow, may have a serious problem now. I got an error saying that a vital component of some sort is failing. Said it could be MoBo, CPU, RAM, or HardDrive. Yay!!!

Comment

Well, Gateway is sending out a box for me. Thank god for warranty. BF2 wont launch anymore. CSS runs like piss. So with any luck, ill have it back, and it working order in time for NEXT weeks match.

Comment

You could have mentioned it was a gateway to begin with and we could avoided any discussion what-so-ever. :P

- -

Comment

You game on a Gateway?????
                  | | |

Comment

Yes....yes I DID.

Comment

Hell I game on an HP. If you were a pro basketball player, would you make your own shoes or would you just take Nike's word for it?

Comment

Air Jordan? Hellloooooooo?
                        | | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed