• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS: Source Review

http://www.driverheaven.net/articles/Source/

Re: CS: Source Review

I see this as:

"A pretty way to die"

There is no difference what so ever in the gameplay. It's just a graphics update with some things on the ground to play around with.

In my own opinion CZ is a better game. It is much more playable.

Comment

I have played all 3.

I expected the type of gameplay out of CS:S that I got out of CS or CZ but everything feels the same. Like the crappy netcode. The gun models in first person look like they were a first timer at modeling.

The FPS drop makes it very hard to aim and enjoy the game. I have a hefty system 2.8 5600 1.5gig and i averaged 30-40 fps.

And the objects in the game dont come into play when your actually playing the game. Only when you get bored.

CZ is better for me cause you can still get high end performance and there is alot of graphical updates.

Overall this is like the AVP of the gaming world, expressions are like, "wow that was ok, could have been better."

Comment

Originally posted by Emanon
        I have played all 3.

I expected the type of gameplay out of CS:S that I got out of CS or CZ but everything feels the same. Like the crappy netcode. The gun models in first person look like they were a first timer at modeling.

The FPS drop makes it very hard to aim and enjoy the game. I have a hefty system 2.8 5600 1.5gig and i averaged 30-40 fps.

And the objects in the game dont come into play when your actually playing the game. Only when you get bored.

CZ is better for me cause you can still get high end performance and there is alot of graphical updates.

Overall this is like the AVP of the gaming world, expressions are like, "wow that was ok, could have been better."

what is CZ??

And when you say frames drop, how low, and wats ur video card? If lowest it drops is 30 then who cares, that means its fluent game play. if it drops to 15 or so then thats an issue.

Comment

hehe :)

CS:S may have same gameplay but the facelift will make me stare at it longer ;)

Comment

Originally posted by eternal
            That is just weird. I suppose you don't give any credit to scientist's saying the human eye doesn't notice anything over 30?
            Not this debate again.... 30 fps of digital content is NOT the same as 30 fps of analog content. When you watch a movie or TV, you don't need the high fps rates because the rate is constant and the motions are recorded using an analog camera. When you're playing CS, and someone fills your screen with smoke grenades, your framerate is going to drop noticeably. And while smoke grenades are very noticeable, other things aren't quite so noticeable unless you're looking for 'em... The fact that a computer game is entirely digital also affects the way your eyes notice the framerate.
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Well whatever your debate of fps is going, my opinion is that on a game that is all about how quick you can aim it is much easier to aim at 85fps then 30fps and yes smoke does lower fps in Source.

30fps is Great in games like GR AA even BF1942 but when its all about split second aiming those extra 60fps make it 10x easier.

Try this. Go play regular CS as you usually do. then type in fps_max 30 and play. Huge difference.

To keep things on target: The game is nice if you like CS, gameplay hasnt been changed only visual effects so if you have a beefy system then go for the pretty girl. hah, otherwise the older one can still give you the same action. :icon16:

Comment

For the longest time, I played on the TG server with a fps of around 20-30. It didn't affect my playing ability at all really.

Comment

IDK maybe its me and my young eyes and the fact that im anal?
                  It cant just be me or otherwise there wouldnt be so many cracks to break the 60fps limit of windows xp.

Have you ever played with 85-100fps with vsync on?

Comment

I have played CS with both low FPS and high FPS and didn't see any advantage going with a higher FPS other than addressing the issue with smoke grenades slowing down the game

Now going from dialup to broadband made a difference.

Comment

I'm with Emanon, 60 fps looks radically different compared to 30. 90 or 100 is noticably much nicer especially using a monitor with high refresh rates at high resolutions. There is a huge difference visually between 60Hz and 100Hz refresh rates also, tell me you notice that fellas. If some of you think there is no difference then good god you're lucky and will save a fortune on video cards but there is a difference. I can't play a game at 30 fps, it just plain irritates the hell out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by DeRanger
                        I'm with Emanon, 60 fps looks radically different compared to 30. 90 or 100 is noticably much nicer especially using a monitor with high refresh rates at high resolutions. There is a huge difference visually between 60Hz and 100Hz refresh rates also, tell me you notice that fellas. If some of you think there is no difference then good god you're lucky and will save a fortune on video cards but there is a difference. I can't play a game at 30 fps, it just plain irritates the hell out of me.
                        Visual differences don't make you faster or slower in aiming though.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie
                          Visual differences don't make you faster or slower in aiming though.

So your saying that when my crosshair updates its position on the playing field another 60 times a sec doesnt help me aim?

Higher fps makes it easier to see where your crosshair is relative to the playing field.

Turn exactly 180 with 30 fps and your bound to over shoot, do it again at 85 or 100 and its a hell of alot easier.

Comment

IMHO, anticipation is much better than a 60 fps improvement in your system.

Comment

If you're happy playing at 30fps well that's just great, all the power to you. :icon_lol:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X