No announcement yet.

Neski - I'll be back...I know you care?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neski - I'll be back...I know you care?

I was going to sub for team FTW for Fransan last Sunday. Came home from a late night out around 2am Sunday morning and decided I still had some energy to place CS. I played in TG for a bit and turned off my computer and went to bed. Everything was completely normal. I turned on my computer the next morning and nothing came up on the monitor.

By eliminating some potential problems I've determined that my video card is where the problem is. I have even been able to click my name and login to windows and hear the login sound without any visuals...so that's got to be it.

Anywho...I ordered an EVGA 8600GTS 512mb...DX10 ready w00t. lol 8800 was a little too rich for me...I'm trying to save up for some more stuff for my car.

It should be here wednesday, and I should be back in after my last final on Friday.

Re: Neski - I'll be back...I know you care?

Just noticed one possible problem though. The card says it needs a 400w Power Supply minimum...I have 450...Just barely safe there

It also says RECOMMENDS 22 amp amps on the +12v rail. My PSU says it provides 18 amps on the label on the side... :-/ Hope this doesn't become a problem...

Comment

without proper power you might ending up reducing the life of the component or it might fail. A psu isn't a big deal though. You can grab those for pretty cheap.

- -

Comment

Yeah... I've been planning an upgrade, but it will probably have to wait until after christmas. New ASUS mobo, Core 2 Duo, 4gb DDR2, 680W PSU, 2 SATA 3gbs for RAID, Vista Ultimate 64-bit...I might have to go ahead and get the PSU now just to play it safe.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X