Server Redirector

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Redirector

Just a thought but from what ive seen so far the second TG server for CSS is almost always empty. So y not setup a system that if the first TG server is full that it redirects you automatically to the 2nd TG server?

"Tactical Gamer until my heart stops beating"

Re: Server Redirector

That may work.

Comment

The server used to be setup this way. I don't know why it was ever changed.

Comment

If I recall correctly, there were significant problems with the script used.
        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

The server was never setup up this way. Why not just join the server if you want to play?

- -

Comment

because the 2nd server is always empty, most ppl look at it and say "o! its empty....lets just go to another server until it fills up" then it never fills up. Once it gets alot of ppl in the server u can always remove that script.
            Last edited by bktz; 12-29-2007, 02:20 PM. Reason: mistake

"Tactical Gamer until my heart stops beating"

Comment

I agree - it would definitely help with the overflow and get action going on server 2.

Comment

Possibly when you have the PCS lockdown for server 1 keep server 2 unlocked so that the people getting kicked by the SM's can go there no problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
                  The server was never setup up this way. Why not just join the server if you want to play?
                  lol was gonna post almost the exact same words vulcan...
                  Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
                    Sorry, THIS server may not have ever been "setup this way" but I'm almost certain that the second server we had a while back was setup to redirect people to the second server when the first was full.

The reason this feature would be useful is that it forces people on to the second server instead of just hoping they will fill it up.

Comment

Originally posted by sam1610 View Post
                      Sorry, THIS server may not have ever been "setup this way" but I'm almost certain that the second server we had a while back was setup to redirect people to the second server when the first was full.

The reason this feature would be useful is that it forces people on to the second server instead of just hoping they will fill it up.
                      both servers would have to be 'set up this way' and if vulcan says it was never 'set up this way' than i highly doubt it was 'set up this way', considering he would be the one to have it 'set up this way' and i dont ever remember the server being 'set up this way' as well.

'lol'