This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Little Added Pinch Of Realism.

This may be a stretch, but I think that if you are bleeding out then your speed shouldbe slowed. I mean, if you are gonna bleed out to death, I see the common solution is to go out shooting but how realistic is that? I mean, if you are bleeding out, we see in war films that they are not running into enemies shooting like kamakazies, they are not really concentrated on fighting, they are either limping sluggishly or laying down calling for the attention of a field medic. Now I'm not talking about a major slow down, maybe like 75% or 80%, maybe even 90% if this becomes a problem. This is a realism server, and there are boundries between what needs to be fake and what can be made more realistic, but this does not seem like it would be so problematic. Give your ideas on this and I am prepared for any negative input on the subject.
    "Be careful guys, he's got a gun"
    - Sparhawxx

Re: A Little Added Pinch Of Realism.

The realism mod already has this. Not on this server but it has that option. Anyways there gets to a point to where to much realism hinders having fun with the game.
    There are no winners in war.

Comment

WE once had it so that if you were shot in the arm, your accuracy would go down, you were shot in the leg, you moved at a walking pace, and when you were hit, the screen would flash dark red.

This really started to get not fun with these settings.
      |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

This idea isn't bad for bleeding out period only however the realism mod doesn't allow for this specifically it's a general slowdown for when you get shot in the leg. It would be nice to have that however the weighting system is not 100% atm and awaiting new code and an update to be 100%.

- -

Comment

It would stop the people that yell I'm bleeding out at 39 and start the killhunting.

FUN FUN

Comment

I'M BLEEDING OUT!!! OH MY GOD!!!

- Wait a minute, how much health do you have?

I'M BLEEDING OUT!!! I'M GOING TO MAKE A RUN FOR IT!!!

- Hang on, how much time do you have?

DOESN'T MATTER OH MY GOD I'M BLEEDING OUT!!!

- Are you sure? Give me a second to get closer. Oh come on, you have 25 hp left! You're not even close. The round will end before you bleed to death.

... I'M BLEEDING OUT!!!

Comment

in arma, if you take enough damage, you go prone and cant move until you suicide and/or a medic comes around, but since terrorists dont have medics, if a T gets close to a bleeding t, the server should take control of the healthy t and aim their gun at the wounded t and shoot him, and when the CT get close to the wounded CT, it should automaticaly take control and crouch and aim at the wounded and whip out a medic kit and heal to full health =P

THAT would be realism, but this is a game, and in all means not perfect, i do like the idea of slow down when wounded, i also like the idea of stationary = slow bleeding... running = fast bleeding, that would deter kamikazi warriors from running around, im not sure if this is in effect or not, because i dont really pay attention to bleeding rate cept that some times, people bleed out very fast even if they are not moving, and sometimes, someone moving around alot bleeds at a normal rate
              powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Well if you had too much realism it can ruin the fun in the game, remember it is a game not real life, i think its awesome on how it is now, one thing that could be better is the flashs, should be able turn your back on it and be fine....
                AKA {RayMan}

Comment

Originally posted by IaMs12 View Post
                  Well if you had too much realism it can ruin the fun in the game, remember it is a game not real life, i think its awesome on how it is now, one thing that could be better is the flashs, should be able turn your back on it and be fine....
                  But that would not be any fun cause a real flash lights up the whole room... I think if anything it should blind you even if you do turn around.
                  Shadowolf expect the unexpected.

2007 Fall tornament Team Awesome Undefeated 8-0 and they were doubting us.:row__537:

Comment

Like COD 4 the flashes are nice. Blind and slow you down.

FUN FUN

Comment

Yes the COD4 flashes are very nice, you can guarantee you can clear a room with one because of the sluggish effects of it. I once got flashed in a room, 3/4 vision clear and i see the guy... however i couldn't shoot him because i couldn't move my gun fast enough.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

I think only stun grenades prevent movement.
                        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I have never had a flash grenade slow me down on COD4, plus by turning your back against the flash should be like simulating closing your eyes which would help prevent the slight blindness but not completely. But this shouldn't work say if the flash is thrown right next to you or past you.

Comment

Originally posted by Toy Poodle View Post
                            I have never had a flash grenade slow me down on COD4, plus by turning your back against the flash should be like simulating closing your eyes which would help prevent the slight blindness but not completely. But this shouldn't work say if the flash is thrown right next to you or past you.
                            but doesnt the explosion hurt your ears too?

Whats the difference between stun and flash grenades in CoD4? I don't recall what i had on the single player but it sure did disorient those terrorists. And i have been flashed and have sluggish effects... whats up?

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

thats weird because whenever i just got flashed it blinded me but i was still able to get pretty far away (say into another room or area blindly running around). With the stun grenade your screen gets all covered in veins and you can still see but you can't move.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X