Idea.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea.

I can't make this come true but I was thinking of a great expieremental map. It would be a tunnel map but the tunnels would be pitch black. I mean, there would be rooms and you could go up to the surface in some places, but when tunneling you'd have to rely on your flashlights or nightvision. To my knowledge this kind of a map has never been made before, probably because alot of people cringe at the thought of a pich black map. But this could work. What do you guys think?
    "Be careful guys, he's got a gun"
    - Sparhawxx

Re: Idea.

In pcs_junglerescue, the tunnels under the rear set are pitch black. It's not a very long stretch, but if you want to experiment with the idea, you have a small sample to deal with.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Pitch black doesn't work well in source. The lighting engine likes to smoke pot and draw sparkly white boarders around the polygons. Also, flashlight is lame and nightvision is expensive. Players will prefer to avoid the area than deal with either option. Back when zombie mod came out for CSS, someone made a pitch-black version of Cobble, save for a few burning barrels born of zomboid destruction of the area. It was a neat idea, but suffered from the sparkling poly edges. (This may no longer be a major issue, but it really stunk on the ATI 9800 I used to run)

Comment

yea... i remember hiding out in the junglerescue map in the darkness... waiting for the CT's goggles to show up so i can shoot them.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

i think it would be cool to have a map where the lights randomly shut off every minute or so for 20 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by MagnaCentipede View Post
            Back when zombie mod came out for CSS, someone made a pitch-black version of Cobble, save for a few burning barrels born of zomboid destruction of the area. It was a neat idea, but suffered from the sparkling poly edges.
            This was actually a ZM map idea because I picture it being scary. like if you were to turn a corner with your flashlight and you just illuminate a zombie right up in your face. but yea now that you mention I do have that sparkling effect on some surfaces in darkness. I wonder if there is any way to fix that.
            "Be careful guys, he's got a gun"
            - Sparhawxx

Comment

what about some of the texture maps......i know that the colors are not the best but i know some of the map guys here at TG will and could do a great job on re-skinning the map....there are tons of access points and i think that there might be some great battles......just a thought

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Yah i think it would be a good idea, and since it would be pitch black and everything everyone will be buying NV right? so if you could somehow boost the price by like 100+ or so, to make it worth fighting for, so when you have the only pair you own
                AKA {RayMan}

Comment

i think the exact opposite, the other annoyingly dark map cs_eclipse, i brought up the idea of having there be 7 night vision on the ground at spawn so that everyone could grab a pair