Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nerds

You might be a nerd if......

You wear highwaters (jeans that show your socks when you stand)

You play D&D with all the accessories, clothes, and magic books your character has.

you look at math problems and you think of Star Trek.

You've seen every Star Trek episode and movie.

You've seen/read every form of media about Star Wars.

And if you put a post up about this particular topic.
    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Re: Nerds

Guess I'm not a nerd. I qualify for none of those categories.
    "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
    "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump

Comment

All stolen blatently from elsewhere...

If you can count the number of dates you've gone on with one hand
      If the tower of your computer is taller than your desk
      If someone's giving you a hard time, and your first thought is to go and find a teacher
      If you think the movie our generation will be most remembered for is 'Napoleon Dynamite’
      If you walk around with a 'hug me' sign at an anime convention
      If someone says the word 'Wang' and you automatically think of your computer
      If one of your friends is showing off a CD they just bought, and the first thing out of your mouth is 'You actually PAY for music?!'
      If you go to a computer expo looking for a girlfriend
      If you get a virus, and manage to track down the guy who made it, only to go to his house and get beaten up
      If you have never in your life had to call 'customer support' to fix your computer*
      If you buy Clearasil by gallon
      If your family chains you to the desk when your computer breaks down*
      If the only exercise you get is from 'Dance Dance Revolution'*
      If you prefer the term 'otaku' instead of nerd
      If your friends won't go to the movies with you, because you're always pointing out scientific inaccuracies*
      If you consider doing Trigonometry an art form
      If you got a detention because you called your teacher a moron, and you were right
      If you tried to convince the people at Fry's Electronic Store to let you sleep in the building (Bonus points if they said no, and you hid under the DVDs.)
      If you have ever gotten carpal tunnel syndrome, and you're under the age of 18*
      If your class ever decides to split groups for a project, and all the different groups fight over you
      If you know more about computers than your parents, who use them everyday at their jobs*
      If you laugh at people who use l33t-speak*
      If you hyperventilate every time you go into a computer store*
      If you know what Largo from Megatokyo is talking about when he says 'Beowulf Cluster'*
      If the only party you have ever been to is a LAN party
      If you mob your favorite webcomic artist at an anime convention* (Me and my friends swarmed around Piro at ACEN last year. We scared the crap out of him)
      If you go into the room where your computer is, stay there for several days, and no one wonders where you are*
      If you think Stephen King's 'The Stand' should be a part of the High School English curriculum*
      If most of your romantic relationships take place over the Internet (Bonus points if they turn out to be crazy. This happened to my best friend. Thank God he lives FAR AWAY.)
      If your ideal date is going to an arcade or a bookstore*
      If you play online MUDs, and then you DREAM about sitting at your computer and playing MUDs*
      If your cell phone's ringtone is the theme from a video game
      If your Senior prank consists of hacking into the school's computer network and deleting all the files (Don't try it. That one can get you arrested.)
      If you automatically understand l33t-speak without having to check any reference websites at all*
      If you prefer reading a computer manual rather than fantasy book
      If someone asks you what you're doing and you say a project for the NSA
      If you get more calls for computer help than the manufacturing company
      If someone says "Bite me" and you send them a computer virus
      If you know the inside of your locker better than your roomIf you salivate over magazines about computers rather than ones about girls
      If you know all the characters in Revenge of the nerds
      If you think Linkin Park is a chat room
      If you refer to lunch as "downloading nutritional supplements
      If you idolize Bill Gates's computer
      You point out inaccuracies in new Batman series...to your cat.
      The most fulfilling conversation you've ever had was on AIM.
      If you named your computer
      Your tech teacher comes to you for help.
      You end up making the the PC repair guy that your parents called look like an idiot when he tries to sound smart with his "tech-lingo"
      You spend your lunch period quoting web-comics and Monty Python
      You cringe when people mis-pronounce Japanese in your school's anime club
      You run your school's anime club
      You met your girlfriend at the selfsame anime club
      All your pets are named after anime and comic characters
      "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
      Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
      " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skylark View Post
        If you have never in your life had to call 'customer support' to fix your computer
        If your family chains you to the desk when your computer breaks down
        If your class ever decides to split groups for a project, and all the different groups fight over you
        If you know more about computers than your parents, who use them everyday at their jobs
        If you know what Largo from Megatokyo is talking about when he says 'Beowulf Cluster'
        If you prefer reading a computer manual rather than fantasy book
        If you named your computer
        I guess I'm not really a nerd, then. The first four I listed are true; I don't know what Largo or Megatokyo are, but I do know what a Beowulf cluster is; I really dislike fantasy books; all my computers used to be named after various Safari elements (like animals, not the ass-backwards browser), but now they're named after characters from "O Brother, Where Art Thou".
        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I'm only a moderate nerd.
          "Be careful guys, he's got a gun"
          - Sparhawxx

Comment

I've never needed to call anyone for PC help/repair.
            I know ALOT more about PC's than my parents, they don't use PC's at work tho.

Also, i wanna know, what does the word 'Wang' have to do with anything about a PC?
            "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

This thread needs a big picture of Ogre from Revenge of the Nerds yelling "Nerds!"

Comment

Originally posted by Conen. View Post
                I'm only a moderate nerd.
                at least you're honest.
                Last edited by kean; 02-01-2008, 10:38 AM. Reason: you are*

Comment

I wish I was a nerd :(. Then clef would not correct my spelling and grammer.
                  Shadowolf expect the unexpected.

2007 Fall tornament Team Awesome Undefeated 8-0 and they were doubting us.:row__537:

Comment

Originally posted by Sir-Nerd View Post
                    You might be a nerd if......

You wear highwaters (jeans that show your socks when you stand)

You play D&D with all the accessories, clothes, and magic books your character has.

you look at math problems and you think of Star Trek.

You've seen every Star Trek episode and movie.

You've seen/read every form of media about Star Wars.

And if you put a post up about this particular topic.
                    That sounds like a confession :row__687:
                    Pyronoid |TG|

Comment

Originally posted by highly_flammable View Post
                      That sounds like a confession :row__687:
                      No actually the superintendent's kid is like this.
                      |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowolf View Post
                        I wish I was a nerd :(. Then clef would not correct my spelling and grammer.
                        Just because I correct your spelling doesn't mean I am a nerd.

Comment

Originally posted by Clefspeare View Post
                          lies! the truth is out!

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

Originally posted by Clefspeare View Post

No the distinguished conduct ribbon you wear does. :row1_20:

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
                            Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Disciple View Post
                              No the distinguished conduct ribbon you wear does. :row1_20:
                              How so? I'm pretty sure it just shows that I am a cool guy.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X