Crashing Problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashing Problems

This just started today for me but 2 times I have been playing my computer just restarts on its own IN GAME! Virus? CSS? The Server? I cant figure it out but I do have alot done to CSS New skins for all of my weapons New sounds and HUDs just about everything. My maps also mess up all the time as I move around objects will turn black and just keeps getting worse.
    I cant play like this anymore im thinking about reinstalling CSS what do yall think.
    |TG| Plude220

Re: Server Issues - Bug report

Originally posted by Plude220 View Post
    This just started today for me but 2 times I have been playing my computer just restarts on its own IN GAME! Virus? CSS? The Server? I cant figure it out but I do have alot done to CSS New skins for all of my weapons New sounds and HUDs just about everything. My maps also mess up all the time as I move around objects will turn black and just keeps getting worse.
    I cant play like this anymore im thinking about reinstalling CSS what do yall think.
    If it helps so than do so.
    Shadowolf expect the unexpected.

2007 Fall tornament Team Awesome Undefeated 8-0 and they were doubting us.:row__537:

Comment

Originally posted by Plude220 View Post
      It sounds like your computer is overheating.

Comment

Your computer is overheating. Specifically, you need to cool your card.
        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I really dont think its overheating it only happens with CSS and I have a ATI x1800 it has a good fan sometimes it starts after only playing for about 30 to 45 mins.
          |TG| Plude220

Comment

Re: Crashing Problems

This stuff does not belong in the bug report thread.. Moved to it's own thread.

- -

Comment

Also, rebooting is a likely result of a PSU issue.

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
              "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
              - Wulfyn

Comment

PSU? dont understand.

P.S sorry vulcan thought it might have been a server bug but dont think so anymore.
                |TG| Plude220

Comment

PSU = Power Supply Unit.

I had one of those go bad on me early last year and it was causing random reboots.
                  Not always but most of the time when it's going out you can hear it making odd sounds if you listen closely.

First thing I'd do if I were you is;

1. open it up
                  2. clean it/blow it out/remove all dusk
                  3. reseat all the cards + you're RAM.

See if that doesn't fix it on it's own. If not...

4. Leave the side of your box open and listen for any weird noises, if you hear something try to find out exactly whats making the noise.
                  Weird noises are a tell tale sign a part is going bad.

5. ctrl+alt+delete, pop the task manager, go to the processes tab and close out anything your not using, to minimize conflicts.

Also make sure you sort the Processes tab by Mem Usage then CPU to see if something else is fighting with CS:S for RAM or CPU power that might cause a memory dump or some sort of overload.

Goodluck, hope you find the problem mate =)

Post back with findings and I'll try to be of further assistance.
                  CoD WaW = -Cloak-
                  CS:S/CoD4 = Cloak
                  BF2/BF2142 = Alucard_Zer0
                  EVE Online = Assassin Zer0

Comment

grab ATItool, it allows you to OC, or underclock your card, among other things, you can see your card temps