Do you own a gun?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you own a gun?

Or at least go to a gun ranger regularly and fire weapons at targets? Im just curious because im looking to buy a pistol for home security. I enjoy going to a range, and Ive only shot sig sauer pistols.
    Any advice? Anything I should look for when buying a gun? Is it signifigantly better to buy a new instead of used?

Let me know what you think.

Re: Do you own a gun?

Shotgun! When loading a round, the sound will scare anyone in ear shot to death. Will not penatrate like a bullet (will still go through walls, but not as far in case you have others like family in the house.) Easy to use and powerful enough to kill or blow up non-friendlies. Can be used without firing (riffle but to head.) Best home defense choice in my book. If you want the handgun then decide and train yourself on how your are going to use it. Bullets travel through many walls and become danger to people that were not intended for them. many home shootings involve friendy fire.
    Many diffrent types to choose from. Mossberg 500 is my choice for my home.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Van Matre View Post
      Mossberg 500 is my choice for my home.
      I have a 500 as well, although I keep a .380 and a loaded magazine in a safe in my bedroom for easy night-time access.
      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I got an UMP45 on my wall but not for firing, it's my prized possession.
        "Be careful guys, he's got a gun"
        - Sparhawxx

Comment

look into a 12GA with a home security barrel, it is the shortest legal barrel you can put on a shotty, think 'sawed off shotgun' but not THAT short, you have a big enough pattern aiming isnt a big problem
          powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Remington 597 for plinking around with at the range.

Looking to buy a Taurus PT99 within the next few weeks...

Comment

If you really want a gun do your family/neighbors and yourself buy learning to use it. Plenty of classes out there from your local gun shop and ranges.

I tell new shooter to answer a few questions before they act.
              Do you know how to shoot?
              What do you want a gun for?
              How much are you willing to spend?
              Are you willing to learn how to use you new gun via regular practice.
              Any kids in the house?
              Do you know your states laws regarding purchase and transport of firearms.

Itís not just an academic exercise. You take on a bit of liability with a gun and ignorance is deadly.

New or used is ok. Stick with the big names (lots of cheap Saturday night specials out there, not to mention stolen arms.) Just ask TG we have lots of RL shooters with experience.
              Plan to use (IMO) 1,000 rounds to get to know your new weapon. Add this to your budget.

Sarcoma, proud gun owner.
              Sarcoma.

Comment

I own a gun(s).

Great advice, Sarcoma.

Comment

I usually carry around an RPG, or at least a large grenade launcher. On top of that consider buying multiple large, dangerous-looking rifles. For extra safety drive a tank and/or live in an underground bunker.
                  Pyronoid |TG|

Comment

I agree with you flammable. I like to keep a couple mines buried in the yard just in case.
                    There are no winners in war.

Comment

I have a (I think) desert eagle airsoft gun... Does that count for anything? We also have a bb gun in the house...
                      "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
                      "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump

Comment

I found the answer to all your questions on an old post Minimalist.

Try this out for a rifle and pistol: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/sandbox...y-ar-15-a.html

Ride around on this for that Evil biker look. :http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/345338245/

Sarcoma
                        Sarcoma.

Comment

Sarcoma answered the questions you have perfectly. Dont just get a gun then only us it when you need it. Its a tool, you need to practice so when its comes to the time (god forbid) when you have to use it, its not a big thought process.

20Guage shotty, pump. You can not go wrong with a good reliable scatter gun. A revolver is another option to look at. .357 caliber is a great defense gun. And you can use 38specials in them as well. Smith and Wesson make a great 4" revolver. Im going to be getting a Taurus 65 with my tax return.
                          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                          -Vulcan

Comment

Ive got a Taurus 65 and I have to say Trooper its a F'N POS...im so pissed I bought it. Its already been sent back to Taurus for repairs twice and the damm decals fell off the rear sight.
                            If I had to do it over Id go for a used "guard" or "police" revolver you can pickup like-new condition relvolver for $150 (mostly Ruger GP-100s and various S&Ws) talk to your local gun shop.

Sarcoma
                            Sarcoma.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcoma View Post
                              Ive got a Taurus 65 and I have to say Trooper its a F'N POS...im so pissed I bought it. Its already been sent back to Taurus for repairs twice and the damm decals fell off the rear sight.
                              If I had to do it over Id go for a used "guard" or "police" revolver you can pickup like-new condition relvolver for $150 (mostly Ruger GP-100s and various S&Ws) talk to your local gun shop.

Sarcoma

well that might change my opinion then sarc. Ruger GP100s are great guns, and was my second choice.
                              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                              -Vulcan

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...