Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6th Devils Brigade Zombie Panic Source Event!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6th Devils Brigade Zombie Panic Source Event!

Join the 6th Devils Brigade for some [Brain eating/Frantic survival]!

Where: TG's Zombie Panic Source Server! 70.87.55.28:27015
    When: Saturday Febuary 9, 2008 at 8 PM EST
    What you need:The mod of course!...
    http://www.zombiepanic.org/site/index.php
    HL2
    PW can be found in attachment!

Make sure you are logged onto the Teamspeak Server. I'll create a Zombie Panic Source Channel. We'll meet there to talk about the game, and any issues that someone might have. Try to be on around 7:30 PM EST.

In addition please read the guidelines on expected conduct about practices and events.

After all, we're all Tactical Gamers! Feel free to bring a friend, too! Just make sure they act appropriately and follow our rules :). There will be no "roster" for this event.

Some information about Zombie Panic Source...

Originally posted by Zombie Panic Source Webesite
    The basic idea of the Zombie Panic is to create solid game play that is based on a classic zombie outbreak scenario, the living dead are coming for the last remaining humans, and these survivors must fight them off and live through the day.
    The game works like this:
    Everyone joins a server, in the beginning you can either choose to join the human team or you can volunteer to be the first zombie. If no one volunteers the game will pick one human randomly and the game begins. The starter zombie's goal is to, of course kill the humans while the human goal is to stay alive as long as possible, complete objectives, or even wipe out all the zombies. The catch is that when a human is slayed he will simply join the ranks of the undead, now ready to finish off his old living teammates.
    The humans can't tell by the player list who's alive and who's not, eventually there will only be one survivor still standing if all goes wrong, facing all the zombies which use to be allies, with his back to a wall. The zombies only have a certain number of reinforcements (lives), when a zombie is killed they lose 1 life from the counter. However, when a human is killed they gain 1 life. If the zombies only have 1 respawn left the humans can win the round by killing off the remaining undead left on the map.
    This is the main concept of how the game works but of course, but with additional game modes there is a bit more variety to it.
    BTW, this thread is also in the TF2 forum and General discussion!

Hope to see you there!
    Last edited by Skud; 04-03-2008, 09:28 PM.
    Skud

Re: 6th Devils Brigade Zombie Panic Source Event!

oooohhhh cant wait! ill be there!
    "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

Im in!
      |TG| Plude220

Comment

im confused about the download...

Version 1.01b for Zombie Panic: Source is now available for download! Both the Fullbuild and Patch are listed below and on our downloads section. Note that this does not include linux .so files, but those are coming out ASAP, we are actively working on that.

(Note that for these installers, you may want to back up your server.cfg and merge it with ours).

1.01b Full-build Download links:
        [FileFront Fullbuild Mirror]
        [ModDB Fullbuild Mirror]
        [MapMan Fullbuild Mirror]

1.01b Patch Download links:
        [FileFront Patch Mirror]
        [ModDB Patch Mirror]
        [MapMan Patch Mirror]

List of fixes can be found here or in the changelog.txt that came with patch.

Also there is now a somewhat out of date manual! It is also in the root folder, or found here.

whats this about

Comment

you should download the full build and if you find that something are buggy then download the patch as well.
          There are no winners in war.

Comment

Hmmm just considering whetherit is worth staying up till 1 am just so I can beat the 6th up and down the server, yeah I think it may have to be done.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
            Winston Churchill

Comment

Server is setup and I corrected the IP for ya skud.

- -

Comment

I downloaded it and ran the installer and the patch installer, it all worked fine, but there's no desktop icon! How do I get to play the game?
                Bit dumb, I know, but I didn't get asked if I wanted a shortcut on my desktop or anything like that...
                |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Try looking for it in C:\Program Files\steam\steamapps\sourcemods. (the default)

However If your steam folder is located somewhere else youll have to paste it into that sourcemods folder to allow it to show when you open steam. Mine now looks like this. C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
                  Winston Churchill

Comment

got it to work..

Comment

The easier way to start the game is to just go to the games section in steam. It should be there and ready for access.
                      There are no winners in war.

Comment

Thanks for all the attendees here! :)
                        Skud

Comment

I heard that it was too zombie sided and that it was too hard for the humans to win. I personally never played it but I play CSS Zombie Mod in Zombie Murder servers and its fun. I guess if there are people in the channel tonight for this mod I'll download it and join yah guys and see how it is.

Comment

It depends on the map, just like anything else. It's hard to get the balance just right.

I've been playing it quite a bit the last few days and have had some good fun. I know Magna Centipede and I ended up on the same server yesterday and summarily wiped the floor with the non-TG pubbies.

Comment

Well I find if the Zombie is clever when he stars on his own he will just hide and wait for his first victim, after that he can use disstraction tactics with his zombie buddie. However with a team of survivors all going all sticking together and sharing ammo when needed, then the zombies will have a hard time.

About the TG server there is a wierd occurance that has the survivers on all talk, but the zombies talk just restricted to their team. Anyone know how this can be sorted ?

Winston Churchill

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X