66 Tick?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 66 Tick?

Not to step on anyones toes but why is the CSS server only running at 66 Tick and running Realism mods at the same time with 66 tick?

Re: 66 Tick?

I believe this was done because 100 tick caused a lot of problems with the server.

Comment

So who is going to explain to the noob what all this about ticks is ?

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
      Winston Churchill

Comment

http://www.counter-strike.com/tickrate.php

Valve explains Tickrate as: "During each tick, the server processes incoming user commands, runs a physical simulation step, checks the game rules, and updates all object states. After simulating a tick, the server decides if any client needs a world update and takes a snapshot of the current world state if necessary. A higher tickrate increases the simulation precision, but also requires more CPU power and available bandwidth on both server and client."

Comment

Who's the noob that doesn't know what tick rate is lol..... There is a great reason why server providers give 66 ticks cheaper then 100 ticks.... We have a lot of supporting members so how could money be a issue with the CS Server?

Comment

TG becoming a 100tic server would make the server more fun being able to actually hit someone without spraying everywhere and hoping you hitsomeone (im saying the server will have better reg) also it should make the server better and less laggy.
            "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

OK.. but what would be the cost to build a server that could do that. I mean, I'm for it and all, but not if it is prohibitively expensive. And perhaps there are other servers that are in greater need of updating?
              "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
              Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
              " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Well if it is hosted from wolfservers it is 45 Dollers for 18 slots. Now I can understand other servers in need and stuff like that however you cannot dispute that a lot of stuff in the CSS could be a lot better that was the point of this post :)

Comment

Originally posted by Elapse View Post
                  Well if it is hosted from wolfservers it is 45 Dollers for 18 slots. Now I can understand other servers in need and stuff like that however you cannot dispute that a lot of stuff in the CSS could be a lot better that was the point of this post :)
                  If money like that is the problem, then take out the Zombie Panic server/CSS server 2. I rarely if ever see people in it, it's a waste of money. If you got rid of server2 and made server 1 a 100tic, it'd be more popular i'd say, at least i know i'd come to TG more often and prolly would be a SM if it were 100tic.
                  "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

You people are ignoring the fact that 100 tic doesn't work with the mod. At least that's what I remember hearing..

Comment

The server we have now is capable of running 100 tick, but there are other reasons it is currently turned off. It's not money, it's not hardware, and it's not who we're hosting with.

We don't rent "game servers", we lease physical boxes and run our own servers. The only game servers we actually rent are the 2142 Ranked servers and that's only because we don't have a choice.

If you only "might" become a SM and support the community and resources that you utilize if the server converted to 100 tick, keep your money. I certainly know it won't be any sort of sincere help with those kinds of strings and attitude attached to it.
                      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Ok so if I understand this correctly..... We have a realism mod running that will not allow 100 Tick to run properly. Thanks for answering my question Apophis but tbh any mod that cannot run at 100 tick is poor.

Comment

I like the poor realism mod. :) i don't know nuttin about tick or tac rates :)

FUN FUN

Comment

im with spar on this, i dont understand tic rates (only a little) and i think 66 tic is just fine because the human eye cant tell the difference. and from what i have read, imho, you have a window 1/66 of a second to make a shot hit instead of 1/100 so if a person is in said coordinate for a slightly longer amount of time, (what... 1/250 of a second) a 100tic server will have more no-reg (not noreg, but just people calling it that cause they didnt move ther gun fast enough).. there isnt anything wrong with how we play right now, so why fix what isnt broke.....

most no-reg is a PEBKAC error