Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Half Life 2 to not be distributed via Steam?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half Life 2 to not be distributed via Steam?

Gamespot.com is reporting that Vivendi/Universal "is apparently seeking the court's assistance in compelling Valve not to use Steam as an avenue of distribution." This stems from a lawsuit that Valve filed back in August of 2002 that accuses Sierra (of which Vivendi is the parent company) of infringing on Valve's copyright by illegally distributing copies of Valve games to cyber-cafes throughout the world.

You can read the whole article HERE.

Will this affect HL2's release date? With HL's luck, I have no doubt that it will be delayed another year or two because of this... :icon16:
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: Half Life 2 to not be distributed via Steam?

i think my grand kids will be able to play HL2...........or maybe there kids?
    From Adam Webb

Comment

Re: Half Life 2 to not be distributed via Steam?

I doubt this will affect the release of HL2 that much because nobody is going to make a dime if it isn't released pending the outcome of this suit. Then again, HL2 Forever?

As the RC is already at VU, if it isn't out in a month or two we may as well forget about it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X