Hit detection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hit detection

I've been playing for a couple of weeks now and i've noticed that different guns make different damage depending on how and where you aim.

Is there somewhere i can read up on all these awesome secrets that you veteran players know of?

Re: Hit detection

head=high damage
    chest+groin=mid damage
    arms and legs=low damage

by my standards.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

aim for the head.... thats my secret.... haaa.
      "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

Aim for the head when doing single shots, aim for the chest and legs when spraying to help compensate the recoil since the bullets do climb when you spray.
        |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Just close your eyes and fire. I'm sure the lord will help guide your bullets.
          There are no winners in war.

Comment

Counterstrike hit detection is legendary. Against armor, expect 9mm weapons to do 40-50 to head, pittance to body. 5.56 is 80-93 to head, 20ish to body. AK is usually 100+ on head, around 25 to body.

Comment

Tritone's Official Aiming Tutorial
              Courtesy of TacticalGamer.com
              The PREMIERE online community for mature gamers!
              Today we'll be discussing one of the most common complaints seen in Counter-Strike. I can bet you've heard one of these phrases uttered in game :

LIEK OH MAHGAWDS!!! THIS KID HACKS!! I CAN'T SHOOT HIM!!!
              I HATE THE (insert your favorite gun name here) !!! It can't shoot for shizzle!
              While it is true that some technical difficulties may impact your ability to "liek, totally pwn the noob cakes" it is also very likely that you're making some errors on a very fundamental level. The technique I'm going to explain today is referred to by the experts as "Aiming". While foreign to some, the use of "Aiming" has been reported to drastically improve the Counter-Strike experience - an improvement that I hope to pass on to you today!

Before we get down to the nuts and bolts of "Aiming", it is important that you are properly equipped. In order to best perform "Aiming" you will need the following items :
              • A hand
              • A computer mouse
              • Reasonable motor skills (including the ability to maneuver the mouse and depress the left-click button)

Okay, now that we know you have all the necessary ingredients we can really dig into this concept of "Aiming". Here goes!

Step 1: Move your crosshair over the target's head.
              Step 2: Depress the left-click button on your mouse.
              Step 3: Profit!
              I hope this tutorial has been of some assistance. If you're still having trouble getting kills you might want to check to make sure you aren't using your feet to aim the mouse. A good test is to lick the mouse and concentrate on detecting anything that resembles toe cheese. At any rate, just keep this simple step-by-step procedure in mind and I can promise you instant results! Tune in next week when I'll explain the secret world of "Not Being An Idiot And Throwing A Frag Into The Hostie Room" with our very special guest speaker Assault.

Cheers!

Last edited by .tritone.; 03-02-2008, 01:17 AM.

Comment

OMG thanks tritone. I finally figured out what i was missing in my playing ability because of your lesson. Two thumbs up (^_^)
                There are no winners in war.

Comment

Omg what if you don't use your left mouse button for the Profit? What do I do ? :(

FUN FUN

Comment

Here's a couple links that might help you out.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/counter...g-tactics.html
                    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/counter...ur-weapon.html

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
                    Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
                    Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Thanks guys, lot of good tips for the newcomers here.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X