Server suggestions.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server suggestions.

Whether these suggestions are even possible I dont know but few things I'd like to see or would be interesting anyways.

First I think it would force more communication and make it more realistic if the news on the upper right side of the screen was gone atleast while you were alive. The feed that says who killed who.

Another feature that would be awesome would disable the scoreboard while your still alive.

And one last little feature that would make a weapon more tactical. Take out the sound when you knife someone so it might actually have some tactical use. Maybe not the pulling a knife but i personally would like to see the knife be completely silent.

Like i said whether or not any of these are even possible i dont know but I'd like to atleast see them tested on PCS lockdown if they are possible.

Re: Server suggestions.

the score notification and scoreboard aren't possible, there is another thread about the scores.

The knife would be nice but i'm not sure if it is.

- -

Comment

Doc write Valve and ask them to help us :) No score or notification would be beautiful. Ah you can have the knife i wanna have a chance to shoot your eye out.

FUN FUN

Comment

Ahh curses!!! Not like you dont shoot my eye out enough as it is! Though if the silent knife is possible that would be nice.

Comment

Ive been thinking the same thing about the knife sometimes I accidentally pull it and it gives away my position thats why I normally toss it at the start.
          |TG| Plude220

Comment

Two words :

Throwing knives.

Comment

I think a glock should shoot miniature nukes that A) kill any enemy within 5 meters of the impact area and B) cause radiation poisoning to everyone within half of the maps length of the impact area.

Seriously though, it would be pretty awesome if the knife would work like the one in CoD4, bar the one hit kill regardless of hit area.

Comment

Originally posted by Potshot View Post
                I think a glock should shoot miniature nukes that A) kill any enemy within 5 meters of the impact area and B) cause radiation poisoning to everyone within half of the maps length of the impact area.

Seriously though, it would be pretty awesome if the knife would work like the one in CoD4, bar the one hit kill regardless of hit area.
                You just cant go and stab someone anywhere and expect them to die with one hit.
                Shadowolf expect the unexpected.

2007 Fall tornament Team Awesome Undefeated 8-0 and they were doubting us.:row__537:

Comment

True I heard a story of a man living after being stabbeds 17 times with a pocket knife.
                  |TG| Plude220

Comment

Were a one hit knife would be a nice feature as well, (We could just assume our avatars knew all the fatal stabs) for the knife thing i was shooting more towards making the knife completely silent so if you are sneaking up behind someone pulling out your knife wont give you away and the sound you of cutting into someone wont give away your position to other tangos in the area.

Also to add for the disabled score board. Maybe its possible to just show everyone as dead all the time? Granted this wouldnt be very accurate it would still solve the problem of people hitting tab and counting who is still alive. Just a thought.
                    Last edited by DocOpt; 03-02-2008, 09:39 PM. Reason: Additional thought.

Comment

Originally posted by DocOpt View Post
                      Were a one hit knife would be a nice feature as well, (We could just assume our avatars knew all the fatal stabs) for the knife thing i was shooting more towards making the knife completely silent so if you are sneaking up behind someone pulling out your knife wont give you away and the sound you of cutting into someone wont give away your position to other tangos in the area.
                      If there was ever a reason to keep the knife sound this would be it. The server is far from that style. You have a gun, use it.

- -

Comment

I'm not a Depeche Mode fan or anything, but if you stabbed me in the neck, I'D PROBABLY MAKE A LITTLE BIT OF NOISE.

Comment

There used to be a thing that got rid of the kill notices, but Steam just had to come out with a fun little update patch that borked it.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
                          Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
                          Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Originally posted by .tritone. View Post
                            I'm not a Depeche Mode fan or anything, but if you stabbed me in the neck, I'D PROBABLY MAKE A LITTLE BIT OF NOISE.
                            Have you learned nothing from Rambo? You take the knife out silently, cover the man's mouth quickly and stab. No noise.

I can't tell you how many times people's plans have failed because the position was given away from the knife sounds. Hearing a knife being pulled out through a concrete wall (Such as on penstock) is unrealistic. Any half witted man would hold his knife in something leather or the like that wouldn't make noise when he pulled it out.
                            "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
                            "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump

Comment

I believe I did write "bar the one hit kill regardless of hit area". If it could be made to work as in CoD4, it might actually have some use in battle other than a something to amuse yourself with before the round starts. I've never been in a gunfight, but if I ever was, with no ammo, and close quarters, I assume I would, as a last ditch effort, grab my knife and try to slash at the opponent's face. However, I doubt it could be implemented, and even then, it might cause more problems than it would solve. I for one wouldn't like people going for the knife kill every time someone is facing the other way.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X