More gun limits on certain maps.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More gun limits on certain maps.

Something I've thought about on and off when I play certain maps. For some maps I'd like to see Rifles/Para turned off, and only have the SMG's shotties and pistols avalible. A few maps that I think would benifit from this restriction would be. Jailbreak, Covert, and mayhaps Quincy, just because with all the long halls less accurate guns would make it interesting. Just something that ive been tossing around in my head recently. Anyone else ever thought about this agree or disagree?

Re: More gun limits on certain maps.

This belongs in General Discussion. However with the topic, I strongly disagree. Although it's not realistic when their is a scouter in Cs_Covert, I do believe that it is necessary that their is a wide variety of weaponry to fulfill more complex strategies and breaches.
    "Be careful guys, he's got a gun"
    - Sparhawxx

Comment

Maybe it's just my libertarian side coming out, but I don't see the need to restrict weapons any more than they already are.

Some people are extremely confident with the scout or just like the challenge of using it indoors. You shouldn't be worried about that - in closed quarters you should be able to overpower them once they miss the first shot.

Comment

In my opinion in many cases the wide variety of weapons limits the amount of stratagies. Logically it doesnt make sense but when rifles and im not just talking about the scout as it seems you two assumed. It kinda limits the stratagy to picking people off. Yes the other widely used stratagy is rushing which some of you will say would come out of limiting the rifles. But if you are forced to invent some new stratagies were acess to rifles wasn't a option or they were even more limited. The admins and other regulars would force the teams to come up with other stratagies besides rushing.

I think we are limiting ourselveson many maps because the restrictions on basically 100% of the maps are exactly the same. If you selected random maps and disabled select weapons such as on some disable M4/Clarion/AK/Defender some of the most commonley used guns it would force people to mix up their stratagies. I dont know im just trying to make some suggestions.

Why I put this in th map disscusion forum is because I assumed some people would agree with me (Maybe just wishful thinking) and some restrictions for some maps would be conjured. Which then inturn would switch into a map disscusion if the thread evolved into debating restrictions for certain maps. Whether or not I was correct in doing so is up to the Admins.

Comment

I still don't believe your logic. In a map like Covert I think it's important to have riflemen in the main halls to pick people off while the people with the SMG's breach in through the vents.

Conen's 6 or 5 man strat he just made up.

from the start have three men go into the vent that have SMG's, and 2/3 go through to the aquarium. In the vents, 2 go over towards the ladder vent and the other go to dark room. the riflemen should stay back in the office before aquarium to pick peekers off, then when it's clear slowely move up to watch the main halls and offices. after they have the secured the first main office, they can move up but ONLY to open the door and to shoot into them AFTER you've fallen back from them. the person going dark should kill whoever is in there and post up for the signal (Prefered signal; Banana Sanchez). the two people that went down the ladder vent should have made their way down to the grate that leads into the left side mini-office. bust the grate and rush in to kill anybody in there. both post up somewhere to pick off any peekers that come through the door. After the riflemen can't see anything the mini-office men can peek out that door, if nothing is seen, run over towards first set. One man take the hosties while the other watches his back and gives the signal for the dark room man to come out. Also after the set has been grabbed the riflemen shouls move up to the second office. after the hosties are secured, have the riflemen scout out the projector corner. once the man (He'll be there, trust me) is killed, have the SMG dudes move in to the second hostie set, one grab them and bring them back to CT spawn along with the other SMG men for firepower if needed. The riflemen should stay behind watching all angles that a T could come in from so that the hostie carriers are not cut off. Bam bam with the blammer and thats it.
          "Be careful guys, he's got a gun"
          - Sparhawxx

Comment

I personaly like this idea. There is logic in what he says if people were forced to use SMG's for covert it would have an effect on the stratergies involved. I remeber once me and Vulcan (I believe) made it pistals only on cs_office_2007 and once enabled one shotgun, this certainly made the map very different and made the shotgun the vital tool to assault the room with. it made for some intense rounds.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
            Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Disciple View Post
              I personaly like this idea. There is logic in what he says if people were forced to use SMG's for covert it would have an effect on the stratergies involved. I remeber once me and Vulcan (I believe) made it pistals only on cs_office_2007 and once enabled one shotgun, this certainly made the map very different and made the shotgun the vital tool to assault the room with. it made for some intense rounds.
              Man I almost forgot about that. I need get more of that going. That was crazy fun.

- -

Comment

So would it be possible to start testing some different restrictions on certain maps, perhaps during lockdown. Id definatly like to see some new tactics come out.

Comment

I like the idea of having some random gun restrictions... it would mix things up and cause us to come up with different strategies... no long gun on office to scout down the long hall and garage... that'd change things.

Only pistols could be cool, or whatever.
                  "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
                  Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
                  " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Yes, i always liked it when it was a 'pistols only' round or whatnot. It is always great fun to be forced out of your normal strategy, to fit in with all others and to localize your planning (spots and such forth) so that you have the optimal spot for your gun. Well, this is entirely my opinion which i know not a lot of people tend to share, but it does mix up the strategies greatly, and to have only a option of limited gun choice is always differing the game play.
                    Last edited by Kulmar; 03-05-2008, 06:51 PM.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

Hmmm well maybe we try this on lockdown just to switch it up for a bit.

What do guys think of pistals only but with 2 SMG's allowed this would really put people into designated positions.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
                      Winston Churchill

Comment

Pistols only with a shotgun worked out pretty well too.

- -

Comment

What would work really well is setting up some config scripts that the admins can run (or even automate it with a vote system) to set the match into "SMG Mode" or "Pistols Mode" or "No Scout", "Standard" etc. That would allow even admins that don't necessarily know how to restrict/unrestrict (or ones that don't have the authority) to change the settings on the fly.

It'd be a bit of a change for TG, but it's always fun to mix things up a bit.

I certainly wouldn't want specific maps with their own extra-restricted rules on an automatic basis - it'll just get boring when I'm only ever allowed pistols on office or smgs on covert (which should be removed anyway because it's a stupid, stupid map).

TWO CENTS OUT
                          FOR SHIZZLE!

Comment

Originally posted by .tritone. View Post
                            What would work really well is setting up some config scripts that the admins can run (or even automate it with a vote system) to set the match into "SMG Mode" or "Pistols Mode" or "No Scout", "Standard" etc. That would allow even admins that don't necessarily know how to restrict/unrestrict (or ones that don't have the authority) to change the settings on the fly.

It'd be a bit of a change for TG, but it's always fun to mix things up a bit.

I certainly wouldn't want specific maps with their own extra-restricted rules on an automatic basis - it'll just get boring when I'm only ever allowed pistols on office or smgs on covert (which should be removed anyway because it's a stupid, stupid map).

TWO CENTS OUT
                            FOR SHIZZLE!
                            This would, indeed be a better option than having it only according to the map. It gives more variety to the map, and makes it much more interesting. I wouldn't mind a change.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

I'm just reviving this old thread because there seemed to be some intrest in the idea and it seemed to sink into the abyss.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X