Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCS Server Map Pack

Has it been updated recently??

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
    Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
    Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Re: PCS Server Map Pack

I'm fairly certain the actual server's maps get updated, but the download I don't know of.

Probably not, I'd assume.

I'm pretty sure I've been kicked out because my map version didn't match the server. That's bad juju.

Comment

Yup I was just coming on to talk about updating in with all the new maps, If your to busy right now Vulcan just chuck me a little guide how to update the map pack and i'll do it for you if you want.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
      Winston Churchill

Comment

The map pack only has the older maps on it. Since it's downloaded from the server and publicly available it was kept to around 60mb's. I haven't added another map pack yet but I'm looking into it. THe nice thing about having it on the server is i can upload the new maps right to the archive when one of them gets changed without much hassle.

We don't want to much downloading available to everyone since it could cause serious bandwidth problems. I'm looking into it though.

I'll probably update the current pack to have more of the newer maps and less of the older maps (including the TG maps) for now.

- -

Comment

I updated today so the maps that were in there are now the updated TG ones where they existed and corrected a few files missing.

- -

Comment

Huh whats the problem with downloading, doesn't it take longer to download a map from the server when in game than from a website? If you want to make me a folder with all the maps that we hold on the server I don't mind hosting them in my TG web space and then having a link to it from the stikies for new comers to grab all the maps and all the mods so that it reduces download time before people jump on the server..

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
            Winston Churchill

Comment

It's 1.4gb's worth of maps disciple :P

Yeah it is a problem hosting that much as public downloads. It's better to let the maps siphon to users via downloading on the server or via the map suggestions thread and the original source for the map.

- -

Comment

Hahaha oh I didn't relise we had that many maps on the server may be time to start trimming the verge ay ?

Winston Churchill

Comment

Perhaps it would be worth it to seed a torrent for the map pack?

sigpic

Donate Blood. Ask for a gun and a bucket.

Comment

Originally posted by ThaDoctah View Post
                    Perhaps it would be worth it to seed a torrent for the map pack?
                    everything's already publicly available through fast mirrors. Just takes a couple clicks to get them and a look at the map suggestions thread. Those are faster than a torrent as well I'd imagine.

- -

Comment

Good stuff V.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
                      Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
                      Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Thanks for the update vulcan!

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X