Major Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Problem

I just tryed to get into the server and its giving me the server is enforcing consistency for file scripts/game_sounds_manifest.txt Error Yes I have custom weapon skins and sounds but the server has never done this before.

NEED HELP! Please
    |TG| Plude220

Re: Major Problem

I too, get this error. My solution is to go into your cstrike folder, and delete/take out your scripts folder.

C://program files//steam//steamapps//loginname//counterstrike source//cstrike and your script folder is right there. Of course you probably already know this because you download skins.

Other than that, anyone know what causes this? custom models is what im assuming.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

I can take it out but it gives me another server enforcing my weapon skins did someone turn on the server custom skin enforcement?
      |TG| Plude220

Comment

hmm... what exact weapon skin error did you get?

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

I have skins for all of the weapons and all of the sounds.
          |TG| Plude220

Comment

I use a few custom weapons and got the game sounds manifest error which is due to an old way of creating skins for weapons. Can you give me some of the files you are getting errors with? Deleting the manifest fixed mine and any other issues.

- -

Comment

What I dont understand is ive had the same skins for a few months now and its never said this I havent made any changes a few days ago it didnt say this??
              |TG| Plude220

Comment

I got rid of scripts/game_sounds_manifest.txt and scripts/sounds_hostages.txt and it let me in?? cant explain it but atleast I can play now.
                |TG| Plude220

Comment

things get updated and changes happen man, the way of the technical world :P

- -

Comment

Yea I got this the other day and got rid of it but now I can't here my AK reload -_-

Comment

i simply deleted the file and now my load thing sticks on ''retreiving server info'' and about 30 sec later it just closes the game and the Xfire exception thing pops up

edit.. restarted computer and problem is non-existant?!