Help!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!!

Lately I haven't been on the server lately due to viruses and pop ups and bad things. It seemed like every time I went to play source my game would minimize due to a pop up and since i don't have a fast computer it takes forever to get back to the game. Well to solve this I have tried uninstalling the game and running scans on both norton and adaware. Now it seems like I only get these strange pop ups when I go to play on the TG server. I am at a loss, so does anyone have any good
    Last edited by Vulcan; 03-08-2008, 02:16 PM.
    There are no winners in war.

Re: Help!!!

what are the popups usually?
    the best, sure fire cure is a fresh install of windows... when did you do it last? i try to do one at least every year, and i aim at every 6 months if it isnt a big hassle
    powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

well normally when I would play source I would get a random pop up from internet explorer but now it really only shows up when I try to get on the TG server.

Comment

ok so now i found out that this happens because my steam is running. I've already tried uninstalling it then installing it. Is there something else I should be doing that i'm missing?

Comment

hrm

try peerGuardian... it list and blocks most IP addresses known to be a source of spyware and tracking sites... beleive it or not your computer gets hit with anywhere between 10 and 50 pings from sites you arent looking at with IE just being connected to the internet... YES it is a masking program used to not get caught stealing stuff from teh interweb, but thats not its origional purpose

you can disable blocking from differnt things, and if i remember right i had to disable xfire or steam.. but its simply a right click