Steam chat during game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam chat during game

OK.. my feeble search turned nothing up so....

I will get messages sent to me (chat window thingies) through steam while playing CS:S

I need to alt-tab to read them. But others are able to somehow see/type into them during the game.

I went to steam options, enabled the shift-tab thingy. (minimalist said this is what he did) But when I do a shift-tab, it just minimizes the game... I could alt-tab for that....

Any ideas how to get those pesky things to pop up without having to minimize Counterstrike? (I shall keep looking for options, but I was hoping someone else had a quick answer)
    "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
    Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
    " Ednos

sigpic

Re: Steam chat during game

Sounds like your key is binded to that. And that is differant. I have same setup as Mini. Wish I could help more.

FUN FUN

Comment

so change it from something other than shift+tab?
      "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
      Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
      " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

I have mine on the App key. Finally give it something to do. But you aren't the only one with this problem, alot of people have it. I don't know exactly how to fix it.
        "Be careful guys, he's got a gun"
        - Sparhawxx

Comment

I changed mine to F1, however it worked before that when it was originally default. Just puts a darker shade on the game, and brings up all the conversations right about it.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

You rightclick on your steam icon in your program tray then click settings and in-game, check the enable steam community in-game. You can also set a custom hotkey, I use shift f1 personally. Also check your Friends settings tab, and check if the display a notification option is checked.

Comment

u ever get this going skylark? as said above.. changing it usually works, and now that i think about it, i had the same problem until i changed it