I AM MAKING A MAP - with your input.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I AM MAKING A MAP - with your input.

So back in the day, around 8 years ago, I began making maps using the hammer editor (which at the time was called something else) for TFC and beta CS. They were always based around fun gameplay and mayhem. Now that I am a TG I would like to make a much more complicated map that has a lot of different dynamics to it; but I need your input.

What kind of map do you find more challenging for both teams?
    • DE Detponation maps?
    • CS Hostage rescue maps?
    • AS Assasination maps?

I do realise that noone except for me and a few others like AS maps. Oilrig, in my opinion, is one of the most strategic maps because of its 'difficulty'. I like a challenge, but I like it when both teams are equally challenged.

What setting should it be?
    • Night
    • Day
    • Rainy
    • Clear

Whats your opinion? Do you like it when you can barely see through the fog or do you like nice clear days?

So give me your advice... any advice. Also, storyline is important. If you have any ideas about what type of setting (like nuclear factory or a big church). Why would these terrorists do hat they are doing? We know why the CTs do what they do.
    Get back to me.

Re: I AM MAKING A MAP - with your input.

Hostage and we need more rainy maps. Maybe if possilbe a real bad storm that makes the lights flicker. If there is a flicker option. Alot of small dark corners. Not big corners.

With hostages it would be maybe a bank or put up a truck with alot of money in the back like a armored car. Setting might kinda be like Convoy but make it cement streets.

FUN FUN

Comment

yes, a hostie map would be grand! with a combination of indoor AND outdoor... with a glass ceiling and a rop that you can climb down (as the CT) but you gotta break the noisy glass ceiling first... raining would be great and flickering lights would be bliss.. but i think thats alot of work, considering we wont see this map's ealry beta for 6mo plus im not a fan of dark corners, because everyone complains about dark maps being too dark... maybe the map could be the takeover of a bar, and there are 2 hosties that are the bartenders, and 2 that are the cooks! not a crappy bar, but a resort kinda bar or resturaunt
      powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Dark corners like in the nighthawk map are what I'm talking about. I think thats cool. or dark like VIP oil rig. if its a storm make it the emergency lights.

FUN FUN

Comment

I like the idea of a hostage map in a Bank The CTs could start outside of the 2 story bank have 1 set in the vault and the other on the second floor make it where you can go all around the bank outside a main door back door and some windows you can breach maybe even a underground passage that the Ts dug to get in the bank that sound awsome.
          |TG| Plude220

Comment

Change of idea here, although I know we can only have 1 winner and the bank one sound great. I've always wanted to see a map that it like a construction yard area, big and open. In it would be a few houses and buildings that are under construction (Beams, scaffolding, etc.). There would be cement trucks and other vehicles as well as sheds/porta-potties around the outskirts. It would have the bombsites somewhere within the unfinished structures of the buildings. Yea, I can see it in my head. It'd be called... De_Skeleton. Yea that's pretty hot.
            "Be careful guys, he's got a gun"
            - Sparhawxx

Comment

Ah... I will have to pick your large cranium for help on making mine as well.

I prefer rainy/misty ones that negatet the longer range stuff. Or something with small/close quarters. We have plenty of maps that have long drawn out areas for sniping. Not as many for mp5/p90 close work.

I like assassination maps as well. We rarely play any. I'm not sure if it is because people don't like it as much or because we just haven't had a really good map for it yet.

Bank could be good - maybe having ropes (ladders) down from roof to some breakable breach windows or something similar.

The one I am working on is something like assault... only bigger and darker. Flickering lights, etc... (if I can just get the elevator to work right)

Go min!
              "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
              Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
              " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

If you create a CS map with only one entrance/exit to the hostages I will seriously climb through the internet and stab you.

... In a friendly sort of way, of course.

Comment

I'm not a huge fan on rainy maps myself. Too loud and often makes me lag. If spirit wasn't mostly inside, I wouldn't play it at all.
                  "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
                  "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump

Comment

So, so far with your input I have begun to devise a hostage rescue scenerio within a bank. The story this far is:
                    Its 9:22pm in a medium sized historic city in Saint Augustine, FL; what was planned to be a quick in and out bank heist has turned into a hostage situation which is going south by the minute. 4 hostages have been executed because demands of the Terrorists have not been fully met by their timetable. The local SWAT team has been in place for hours, waiting for the right moment to engage the terrosits.

Im thinking therre will be 2 main entrences to into the bank, one facing west, the other facing north. There will be a drive up banking center which has bullet proof glass. The main bank area is filled with a reception area, cubicles, and a long teller desk. The main bank area will also be roughly 25ft tall ceilings, its a fancy early 1900s bank, with great architecture and vault from the period. The hostages will be in the vault and up on the second floor above the bank in the bank offices. There will be a vent entryway but it wont be a conviluted air duct system, it will be more realistic. There should be access for the Cts from the roof if they wish, which they can get to at about the same time as the T's.
                    The map will play kind of like office, where you can use long or short range weapons depending on your location. The outside will be dark except streetlights and regular building lights, and there might be light fog. There are a few windows looking into the bank but cubicles and such will make it difficult to snipe inside, but it will be possible if the Ts are careless. A few of the buildings around the bank will be able to be entered for the Cts so they can get a look inside and maybe pick some Ts off. The Ts will be able to get up to the roof and maybe snipe but it will be short lived because the Cts have many points they can get to before the T reaches the roof. All the regular stuff like coffee machines, soda machines, and computers will populate the map, and im hoping it will be a lot of fun.

In the next few days im going to make some preliminary sketches to get an idea of line of site from key points of interst so that there are a lot of fun and interesting lines of site, and not just a boring hallway with nothing in it. Within the next week or so Im going around to various banks, including one in particular which Ill get reference for the beautiful banking area and vault.

Since TG is a 7vs7 server, it will be a compact map with a lot happening, many different lines of site, and objects and paths which make it difficult for the CTs to rush.

Im getting excited about this project, and I hope that you are too!

Map making procedures
                    [list][*]Brainstorming (almost finished)[*]Sketching[*]Artistic 3d Render (Ill do a painting or something)[*]Basic layout and playtesting (no textures at all, blank map with buildings and such fleshed out[*]Making custom textures if needed[*]Texturing the map and more playtesting[*]Populating the map with objects/lighting/weather[*]Having a huge kick off party for the map on one of our coveted Friday Night Lockdowns!

I cant make this map without your input so keep giving me ideas; THIS IS ALL TENTATIVE AND YOUR OPINION CAN CHANGE THINGS!

Comment

So the vent will be like the one in backalley I hope. Where ct have to crouch. Don't tell the bank your making a map of it or you might get pulled in for questions :)

FUN FUN

Comment

The most important thing you need to add to this map is light switches, I know they are time consuming however they should be added :-).

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
                        Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by † Disciple † View Post
                          The most important thing you need to add to this map is light switches, I know they are time consuming however they should be added :-).
                          I agree.

Here are a couple photos I found online of the bank im talking about. Hopefully I can get inside tomorrow and get some photos.

This is the entrence. This building is about 7 stories I think..

Not the best photo, but gives you an idea of how large it is.

Dont let the image fool you, there is a large church right next to the bank, it also has amazing architecture. it is a seperate building though.

Comment

hahaha I thought it had a spire until I read your commentry lol.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
                            Winston Churchill

Comment

Thank you for flying Church of England, tea and cake or death?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X