thinking of buying/playing new game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thinking of buying/playing new game

i love it here at TG, that being said, i think that i love counterstrike more than any other game. but since i built a new computer and adding liquid cooling and another gpu i'm looking to get into another game here. i was thinking about also purchasing a physics processor from agiea(*sp) that nvidia recently purchased (www . ageia . com) so i wanted to look into playing ghost recon advanced warfighter since it would take advantage of the AGEIA PhysX processor. does anyone else have any suggestions of games here to play?

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Re: thinking of buying/playing new game

COD4. Crisis . weegame :) thats what all the children play. World of Conflict. I think Arma is a strong game from what I hear.

FUN FUN

Comment

Originally posted by sparhawkxx View Post
      I think Arma is a strong game from what I hear.
      you think. I know ;) ArmA is the ultimate Military Sim. If thats what your into, or think you might be into, get ArmA fast. The immersion can be super intense..
      Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta View Post
        you think. I know ;) ArmA is the ultimate Military Sim. If thats what your into, or think you might be into, get ArmA fast. The immersion can be super intense..
        what is the version that we play here at TG??

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Team Fortress 2. Awesome game. I'm personally looking forward to R6V2. ArmA is great if you are into that kind of games. CoD 4 has good single player and great multiplayer, it's a slightly more realistic version of CSS with more game modes and the likes.

Comment

Originally posted by G0aliath View Post
            what is the version that we play here at TG??
            We are currently running the 1.09 patch.
            Dizlor

Comment

all 8800 series cards will have ageia patched in if/when nvidia buys aegia and actually uses the stuff. they already made all the 8800 cards able to run programs such as aegia cards.. now they have the rights to do so
              powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Tonk View Post
                all 8800 series cards will have ageia patched in if/when nvidia buys aegia and actually uses the stuff. they already made all the 8800 cards able to run programs such as aegia cards.. now they have the rights to do so
                correct, but also i heard that when you have two cards in sli mode then in turn nvidia will turn one of them into a ppu and use the other for a gpu, thus making you have to perches three cards possibly

Comment

could one possibly in a readers digest version explain game play?? i mean from what i saw it is totally intense to the fact that your unit??? should i say is spread all over the place and hell i saw a sniper shoot someone from like 1000 yds away, is that how it is here at tg? taking over huge territories?

Comment

Originally posted by G0aliath View Post
                    could one possibly in a readers digest version explain game play?? i mean from what i saw it is totally intense to the fact that your unit??? should i say is spread all over the place and hell i saw a sniper shoot someone from like 1000 yds away, is that how it is here at tg? taking over huge territories?
                    The island of Sahrani is 400 km2. Its a single map where missions are designed and played out where ever the designer of the mission chooses. You can literally make a mission where you have to run 3 km to kill one person..if you wanted to. Or you could HALO drop 6 SF soldiers into a swarming crap storm of enemies in the middle of a city..... Its the most user content friendly game I have ever seen, by far. So it really depends on the mission as to what kind of area you are covering.
                    Dizlor

Comment

ArmA runs like doo doo on my rig.

Comment

ArmA is where it's if you love fantastic MilSims. There's really nothing else out there on par with ArmA.
                        | | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X