This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoring

I've disabled the typical kill scoring and instead it represents hostages rescued, bombs planted, bombs exploded and bombs defused.. Those are the only objective based options I have atm but it's something for now to see who's doing what on objectives.

The awards have been introduced but they are also limited and somewhat incomplete atm. It's currently limited to bomb plants, bomb exploded and hostages rescued. There are a few bugs still to work out as well.

feel free to leave feedback.
    Last edited by Vulcan; 03-24-2008, 06:55 PM.

- -

Re: Scoring

I like it. I heard some who didn't. I can't remember who.
    My loose theory would be that those who have been here longer and accept the style will be more accepting. It would be neat if there could be a second score for kills to help molify them, but I understand we are limited on the scoring system by the engine.

Needs defuse award, too.
    "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
    Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
    " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Hmm thinking about it I do not mind if the defuse is not included. This would mean only the assaulting team can win points on both cs_maps and de_maps. I would also make 2 points for palnting a bomb and 2 points for it exploding, also 1 point for each hostage rescued. This would lead to a maximum of 4 points a player on the assaulting team could win each round reguardless of map type.

Makes sense in my mind to standardize these things.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
      Winston Churchill

Comment

defusal would be 4 points then eh? I forgot to add that it does record defusals.

- -

Comment

I like not having points for kills but i dont like that if you get a negative score there is pretty much nothing you can do on the deffending team to to get it back to 0.

Comment

Originally posted by Al_Capone View Post
            I like not having points for kills but i dont like that if you get a negative score there is pretty much nothing you can do on the deffending team to to get it back to 0.
            yeah that's a pain but i can't adjust that atm.

- -

Comment

Everything is good for me, except that the terrorists have no way of scoring on hostage maps. Talked to you about that, and I am a noob at programming... but if we worked it off of that the CT died while taking out hostage, 'If CT died with hostages then award 1 point to killer of CT.'

Just a guess, I don't know if it applies to it here in scripting.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

Originally posted by Disciple View Post
                Hmm thinking about it I do not mind if the defuse is not included. This would mean only the assaulting team can win points on both cs_maps and de_maps. I would also make 2 points for palnting a bomb and 2 points for it exploding, also 1 point for each hostage rescued. This would lead to a maximum of 4 points a player on the assaulting team could win each round reguardless of map type.

Makes sense in my mind to standardize these things.
                not to argue here but... are you seriously implying that defense deserves no points at all ???
                Dizlor

Comment

Nah they get a point if they win the round, but I ment that since the T's are unable to get points on a hostages map at the mo I thought maybe just make it universal so that the CT's on a bomb map dont get points either. Only the team does.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
                  Winston Churchill

Comment

Hmm I like the no points for kills but as many people are mentioning that is the main way for the defending team to get points. Maybe it would be possible for every so many kills is 1 point for the defenders. And since kills are in essence optional for the assaulting team have the objectives be worth the points and maybe have a higher limit then the defenders for how many kills equals a point.

What fair point values would be i dont know but for example every 3 for defenders and every 6 for attackers. Just throwing out a quick 1:2 ratio to get my idea out there.

Comment

That's probably possible doc though it would have to be scripted. One option is to set a ratio of kills to kill score so .2 for each kill but that's still the same thing just mathematically smaller. It might do the same thing for those that can do the math or know that ratio but also keep people focused on objectives.

- -

Comment

After playing this today it is definitely weird with the no points gained for killing. Im still at a mixed decision on whether I like it or not.
                        There are no winners in war.

Comment

I love it. The only problem is on hostage maps people will be whining that they want to score and will not want to play on that team. I'm happy to see this going further.

even further would be not to give any points and lets play out objective and win the round as a team:) But I can be extreme sorry :(

FUN FUN

Comment

I'd be kosher with no points. Though it is nice to see who is actually doing the objectives but this can also negatively show those who are willing to die early for the sake of the team such as leading a rush. So for those who look at the score and look away from with each persons skill level in mind will have a biased view.

Spar its okay to be extreme as long as your willing to compromise. Just like i was kinda being extreme on my gun limit idea that i still havent seen *fist shake in general direction of admins* and the deal with getting rid of the score board and news feed but valve.... *multiple fist shakes*

Comment

Well we should have a fix for the defenders gaining points as well so stay put and watch this space.

Winston Churchill

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X