lockdown thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lockdown thoughts

i know that we here at TG love to try new stuff on lockdown nights, with this being said, i was thinking about the amount of ammo that we have. i know that this may not seem like a big thing but lets take a situation i have seen several times per say in many a maps where people just empty 15-20 rounds consistently. i know that we are striving to make this game more realistic, then why not cut down on the amount of ammo that we are allowed to get...i don't know if we can do this but it is just a thought

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Re: lockdown thoughts

I don't think that's possible but I also don't see a big deal with it, you get just enough IMO.

- -

Comment

Granted Vulcan already said it may not be possible but I do like the idea. Anything really to change the way people play. Some guns yes some no. The scout in my opinion has way to much ammunition 100 shot id say knock it down to 30. M4 Ak those are about right maybe take away a clip. Most of the pistols have way to much ammunition. Id say take away about 1/4 to a 1/3 of all ammo would force people to change there playing styles just a little bit.

Though I'm always for drastic changes to mix it up a bit.

Comment

What about when using suppressive fire techniques? I've, albeit rarely, ran out of ammunition when I burned it all up keeping the opposition pinned down by consistently pumping rounds into a door or wall just to keep them from coming out for a minute or 2.

Comment

Maybe not cut down on the ammo, but maybe use more of a clip format. Say you fire off 10 rounds of a 30 round clip. Instead of reloading and losing only the 10 you've fired off, you'd lose 30 as if you threw the remaining un-spent clip away. This might make it a little more interesting... deciding when it is a good idea to toss away a nearly depleted clip in favor of a full one at the cost of wasting ammo.

Of course, this ignores the possibility that somebody with a lot of time on his/her hands while being shot at could manually insert bullets in to the nearly empty clip.
          ORGANBiTER | $_COOKIE['monster'] | UBiQ

Comment

Now if what cookie just said is possible that would be amazingly awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by cookieMONSTER View Post
              Maybe not cut down on the ammo, but maybe use more of a clip format. Say you fire off 10 rounds of a 30 round clip. Instead of reloading and losing only the 10 you've fired off, you'd lose 30 as if you threw the remaining un-spent clip away. This might make it a little more interesting... deciding when it is a good idea to toss away a nearly depleted clip in favor of a full one at the cost of wasting ammo.

Of course, this ignores the possibility that somebody with a lot of time on his/her hands while being shot at could manually insert bullets in to the nearly empty clip.
              Yeah, definitely more realistic. I wouldn't mind if this was implemented. It would stop all the reloads with 1 or 2 shots empty.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

Originally posted by Kulmar View Post
                Yeah, definitely more realistic. I wouldn't mind if this was implemented. It would stop all the reloads with 1 or 2 shots empty.
                The game you seek is Insurgency and many others :P

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
                  The game you seek is Insurgency and many others :P
                  Yep, but i really do like counterstrike! Other games just don't appeal to me as counterstrike does... I have no clue why.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

I dunno, I kinda like reload-alohics, having broken the habit a long time ago I catch many pop shotters reloading with my 15 round clip.

Comment

I keep my ammo in a bag of holding.

Comment

I don't know. It would add realism... But is that really needed? CSS isn't built to be realistic. There's a point where trying to make it any more realistic will just hurt it. I'm not saying the current mod isn't good, but CSS is supposed to feel a bit arcadey. Why change every aspect in the game? Wouldn't it be just easier to jump to another game?

Comment

the game hasn't really changed since 1998. Give the same kids 10 years to master the same maps over and over and over again, and you end up with a closed-off community of whiners that's about as inviting to new players as Iran is to nuclear inspectors.

The same thing happened to Tribes and a handful of other games. You have to radically change the game, which pisses off your core fans, if you want true change. Infinity Ward pulled it off with the COD series (WW2 to modern warfare is a huge leap that worked), but that's because the games are so good. A Counter-Strike 2 that plays about the same but looks different (more cartoony,) is not a radical change. The core fans will bitch, and the game's reputation is already shattered with non-players because of the "hardcore" players' bad attitude. They're in a lose-lose situation, which is why they keep releasing the same thing over and over with minor upgrades.

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

I like the idea.

BTW: Clip /= Magazine

A little tutorial:
                            dvdtracker.com/RangeBag/video/LLE_Clips_Magazines.wmv

:)
                            This is my rifle.
                            There are many like it, but this one is MINE.
                            My rifle is my best friend. It is my life.
                            I must master it as I must master my life.
                            My rifle without me is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

Comment

But we aren't building a new game. We are modifying the current one. Though I wouldn't mind less ammo, I've never run out of ammo, and I don't see it having a big effect on the game.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X