X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error connecting to server

im getting this error:
    [GAME]\materials\models\player\swatpcsv2\ct_urban_glass. vmt

I have tride removing the file and letting the server upload a new one but it still not working.

I did not have this problem 12 hours ago

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Re: Error connecting to server

Me too; same exact thing keeps happening even if I also delete it and let server install it on my pc. Strange..

Comment

Hey guys, Vulcan knows about it...

Originally posted by Vulcan
      I recieved a report that the pure setting was giving errors. This has been fixed but you'll need to delete the files under materials/models/player/swatpcsv2 in order to join the server to redownload them.

sorry for the inconvience!
      You might need to delete the whole 'player' folder, and then restart CSS. If it doesn't work, then restart steam.

Kulmar signing out

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

how do i get all the way through to delete those files? im anewb when it comes to this. Where do i start from

Comment

Start at your C:/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/(your email)/counter-strike-source/cstrike/models\player diretory and look for the subdirectory of swatpcsv2. Try deleting just that swatpcsv2 folder and then restarting CS. Don't delete the folder while CS is running.

Comment

Originally posted by Assault9 View Post
            Start at your C:/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/(your email)/counter-strike-source/cstrike/models\player diretory and look for the subdirectory of swatpcsv2. Try deleting just that swatpcsv2 folder and then restarting CS. Don't delete the folder while CS is running.
            This fix didn't work 4 me.
            Dirt013

Comment

EDIT ::

guys - you have to delete the model from the MODELS folder AND the MATERIALS folder to connect.
              Last edited by .tritone.; 04-02-2008, 11:01 PM.

Comment

you can just do a search for swatpcsv2 and delete all of it. it'll redownload.

- -

Comment

the models folder is pretty obvious, the MATERIALS folder is the one I didn't think of the firs time around.

Sam pointed it out to me, and I feel dumb for not seeing it the first time.
                  Last edited by .tritone.; 04-03-2008, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X