Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interested in a huge, web-based, free strategy game?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interested in a huge, web-based, free strategy game?

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...ent-world.html

Check this game out. I've been playing for a few days now, and it's really a blast. I'd like to see some more familiar faces, so feel free to sign up and poke around.

TG has its own alliance headed by Atomic Dog. It is on the Alpha server, so make sure that's the one you sign up for.

EDIT: If you are confused at first, don't worry. I was/still am. I can answer some questions if you have any. My xfire ID is: whistlersmotherTG The good thing about this game is that it's persistent so you don't have to be constantly watching it. Upgrading things may take several hours, but that's to even things out and make it such a large game rather than a fast one.

TG Alpha subfora
    Last edited by whistler; 04-04-2008, 06:36 PM. Reason: Added link

Re: Interested in a huge, web-based, free strategy game?

This is an awesome game, just make sure you join the Alpha server on ikariam.com and not ikariam.org in order to play with a lot of other TG'ers.
    Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

That's right and if you want to see if you have any TG neighbors when you signup, catman has created a pretty handy Microsoft Excel file that has the coordinates mapped out. It's in TG's Ikariam TG Alliance subfora. See ADog for more details about that forum.

Comment

I'm in.

Nihoios [73:2] - "Silop"

Comment

So... we have a cluster of people around 10:1 if anyone is colonizing around there, or wants to move to it.

Game...too...addicting...must...not...scream...

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

Yeah guys quiet a few of us from the CSS side of TG have colonys around 10:1 if you wanna come join us that would be great. Kulmar, Toasty, Section 8, Toy Poodle and myself to name a few, come join us.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
            Winston Churchill

Comment

We are the bold!!!!!!!!!!!! and the lonely ;)
              There are no winners in war.

Comment

what island are yall on? and how do i find the tg island?
                Integrity First, Service Before Self, Excellence in ALL We Do!

United States Air Force ROTC Det. 590 UNC-Chapel Hill

Instructor of the infamous TGU CS:S Division! Semper Fi
                If you are interested in TGU Please

sigpic

Comment

We are spread throughout the Alpha world. There are varying places where there are more than others. There is no set TG island, there's too many of us and too many different resources to be able/want to do that. The TG listing of everyone is hidden in the Tactical Gamer Alliance forum, you're going to want to see Atomic Dog about that.

The reason the listing is "hidden" is because they don't want any people/alliances looking us up to conduct a massive pillage. It's that kind of game :)

My coordinates are 28:21

To figure out the distance, you could either use the in-game time thing by counting squares, or if you really wanted to, you could use the Pythagorus Theorem. Just remember that every square is a 40 minute journey.

X1, Y1
                  X2, Y2

(X1-X2=A)
                  (X2-Y2=B)

Take the square root of ((AxA)+(BxB))

Times that by 40, that's how many minutes it will take if you're trading post is high enough to reach them. 40 minutes a square

So if someone is real close to 28:21, I could help them out with some supplies. I'm still a greenhorn too, so I don't have much.
                  Last edited by whistler; 04-04-2008, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Whistler come join us around our Islands, nudge nudge.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
                    Winston Churchill

Comment

*nudges some more*

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

*super Nudge*

edit: wow it wont let my super nudge be all caps like.
                        There are no winners in war.

Comment

I joined up. There's someone who's town is called Toasty on an island right next me..

Comment

What's your coords, Potshot?

Comment

interesting game. i beleive that i am at 21:69

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X