• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possible new game mode

check it out!

- -

Re: possible new game mode

If you mean the girl in the red shirt....

Back to topic. Sound interesting..however I am biased towards that kind of mode.
    "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

That sounds fun.

Comment

Yea... cuz constant respawns are much more realistic. :/ I mean no offense to the people who love TF2, but I dont really like rush, shoot, die, rush, shoot, die, rush, shoot, die kinda games. CS:S is not like that and nor should it be made to be.
        Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta View Post
          Yea... cuz constant respawns are much more realistic. :/ I mean no offense to the people who love TF2, but I dont really like rush, shoot, die, rush, shoot, die, rush, shoot, die kinda games. CS:S is not like that and nor should it be made to be.
          I don't think it'll be like that. More so it'll be tiered objectives. If it is like that then I won't like it all either, not for css anyway.

I could see them making hot points to control and using a location to allow dead people to spawn on the next round and the rounds being progressive to completing the overall goal instead of the game being won per certain amount of rounds.

- -

Comment

That article says it was posted "7 years ago."

I'm not holding my breath on this one.
            | | |

Comment

that may be a mistake but who knows. most of the comments were posted within a day and it was on the frontpage news for fpsbanana.

cs_assault didn't come out till last year.

- -

Comment

I've been wondering about new game modes for CSS I think it would be good for the game but if not well just wait for CSS 2.
                |TG| Plude220

Comment

I thought assault was an old map. I used to play it over 4 years ago. not the one we got but same basic layout.

FUN FUN

Comment

cs_assault was released on July 6th 2005 for source and it seems the article is about 4 months old. The 7 years thing is a glitch. On topic, it sounds like it could be a fun game mode but I'm not sure if it could be played "tactically".

Comment

Well, I see absolutly no reason why we couldnt give it a test run. Sounds interesting to me anyways and if it doesnt work we can shove it out the window.

I'd say we atleast need to give it a shot, a little change is always good.

Comment

Originally posted by DocOpt View Post
                        Well, I see absolutly no reason why we couldnt give it a test run. Sounds interesting to me anyways and if it doesnt work we can shove it out the window.

I'd say we atleast need to give it a shot, a little change is always good.
                        I second that. Sometimes its good to stray away from the really long waiting between rounds because you have to wait for just one person to die.
                        There are no winners in war.

Comment

I'm with the doctor. Just because the article or map is old doesn't mean the overall idea isn't refreshing. A conquest mode for CSS would be interesting and may be reinvigorating.

Comment

Gabe Newell has put a halt on rumors of CS2, there will be no CS2!

Comment

We'll never know until we try.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
                              Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
                              Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X