Minimalist's New Job

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minimalist's New Job

So I got a new job yesterday and today im at work all day, 8am-5pm! I am a graphic designer for one of the larger sign companies in the city. Its pretty exciting. I get to layout and design lighted, vinyl, and wood signs for businesses all around town then I get to watch them fabricate it!

This is my first job where I am putting to use the things I learned in College, the things I spent $30k learning - so thats exciting that all that info isnt being wasted anymore.

Im sure you all arent incredibly interested but hey, you guys are my brethren! Just thought youd be happy to know I have a job im happy with!!! AND I get an hour off for lunch, so I can mess around on the forums and whatnot!

So yeah, thats it.

Re: Minimalist's New Job

Wow, that sounds awesome, reasonable hours plus an hour for lunch? Badass man

Comment

Nice work minimalist. Im glad to hear you got a job you are going to be happy with, doing something you love. Actually, my brother just graduated from AIU in Ft. Lauderdale last Friday, he is a graphic designer as well :) Good luck with the new job!!
      Dizlor

Comment

Glad to here it Mini. Its good that you won't ever have to work under me :)

FUN FUN

Comment

Now about that $5,000 you owe me Mini... :D

J/K, congrats!

Comment

that's cool. I got my bachelors of secondary Education (math) and my masters of education. Now I'm a stay at home dad. Class size of ONE! LOL

And no using this "job" as an excuse to not get CS maps cranked out.
            "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
            Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
            " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sparhawkxx View Post
              Glad to here it Mini. Its good that you won't ever have to work under me :)
              Originally posted by Skylark View Post
              that's cool. I got my bachelors of secondary Education (math) and my masters of education. Now I'm a stay at home dad. Class size of ONE! LOL

And no using this "job" as an excuse to not get CS maps cranked out.
              Originally posted by Gogeta View Post
              Nice work minimalist. Im glad to hear you got a job you are going to be happy with, doing something you love. Actually, my brother just graduated from AIU in Ft. Lauderdale last Friday, he is a graphic designer as well :) Good luck with the new job!!

Spar- youd be surprised how good of a workhorse I am in the kitchen (as long as you dont have to explain to me what you mean lol)

Sky- Lol, still working on the map!We'll have to get a playtest going, the map is up on the rotation on two servers.

Gogeta- I almost went to AIof Ft Lauderdal myself!But Ft Lauderdale is sooo big and traffic is horrible.. ew lol. And thanks!

Comment

Good luck with the new job.
                "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
                "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump

Comment

whats the company? A close family friend of ours creates signs and I believe he's based in the city.

scratch that you live Florida. I assume NYC when somebody just says "The City".
                  "Be careful guys, he's got a gun"
                  - Sparhawxx

Comment

congrats Minimalist, i too just graduated in graphic design, but i still haven't found a job yet :(

but congrats, you worked hard to earn your degree; now it's nowhere but up!!!!!!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Originally posted by Conen. View Post
                      whats the company? A close family friend of ours creates signs and I believe he's based in the city.

scratch that you live Florida. I assume NYC when somebody just says "The City".
                      Lol, yeah, i meant the city I'm in, lol. The company is B&S Signs, www.bnssigns.com . St augustine is a small town, but its cool that every sign in the city is made by us, like big lighted signs (like tacobells sign you see from the road, but we dont have them as an account). So Ill be designing a lot of stuff people see everyday, sweetness. Goliath, im sure youll find a cool job somewhere. Just start going to all the places that print stuff, like tshirt shops (sports supplies shops) sign shops.. Its good stuff.

Comment

I plan to become a Janitor at my current school. Like, 19 Grand a year!
                        "Be careful guys, he's got a gun"
                        - Sparhawxx

Comment

hardcore, and good job stability cause nobody else wants that job!

Comment

Originally posted by minimalist View Post
                            Gogeta- I almost went to AIof Ft Lauderdal myself!But Ft Lauderdale is sooo big and traffic is horrible.. ew lol. And thanks!
                            Agreed... St. Augustine is much much nicer.
                            Dizlor

Comment

Fort Lauderdale is an awesome place to live. The traffic is bad, but you won't be bored on a Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday night. Everyday there is something new to do or a new place to visit, or just go out and find a new girl if you need too, but it is NEVER EVER EVER Boring.

Take it from me, I currently live in Fort Pierce, but I go down to Fort Lauderdale about once or twice every 2 weeks.
                              1st:
                              2nd:
                              3rd:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse