AWPs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AWPs

Im not 100 percent sure if awps are not allowed in the server but, i think that one per team should have it, but have a rule about being far away and must report in if they see any enemy, to be more tactical, the sniper must always be stealthy and must report to have permission to shoot the target. If i don't make sense tell me, i'll try to fix it up.
    IGN - |TG| ItsCanadian
    Game - Battlefield 2
    Mod - Project Reality 8.5
    Unit - Trying to join 15th.
    Goal - To finish my 2 hour download of 8.5 levels.

Re: AWPs

Its what the scout is for. AWPs are one kit kill machines. Atleast with the scout you have to hit them good to kill them in one shot.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

The AWP could be a good weapon to elimate a squad of people? Im a pro in css and the AWP could act like a support helicopter or such to help out the team, i'm not so sure about this but it could allow the players to do more thinking by buying things such as smoke to go through places, get scouters to spot things.
      IGN - |TG| ItsCanadian
      Game - Battlefield 2

Comment

sadsad
        IGN - |TG| ItsCanadian
        Game - Battlefield 2

Comment

Originally posted by xcanadiansoldier View Post
          sadsad
          It is sad to see such a dominating weapon in the game, no other weapon is even close. It does nothing but distract from any sort of tactical play that is out there. Hence, why it is simply avoided on this server..
          "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC View Post
            It is sad to see such a dominating weapon in the game, no other weapon is even close. It does nothing but distract from any sort of tactical play that is out there. Hence, why it is simply avoided on this server..
            I could never quite find the words to describe why the AWP isn't in the server, but these seem just.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

Yeah, what C said. There stands a better chance of the server going full-time surf maps than the AWP being allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by whistler View Post
                There stands a better chance of the server going full-time surf maps .
                I hope not I can't surf for nothin.
                |TG| Plude220

Comment

Wouldn't really bother me if awps really were allowed because if you really got shot by that gun your never really getting back up. But then again the same should be said for all the weapons.
                  There are no winners in war.

Comment

Ahh but if you look at it realistically why is the scout even allowed. Whos going to bring a sniper rifle to a fight thats indoors or in a urban setting. Few maps that i can think of that this most likely wouldnt happen would be office/covert/apartments to name a few. So in many cases im even against the scout on some maps so one can imagine how much id love to see the AWP or auto sniper.

Comment

LOL I thought he said SMURF maps and I was like.. YES! BRING IT!

There are many maps on this server. Forest, dusts and others that are big enough to use a scout. Even some of the 'indoor' maps are big enough that many can use it effectively. (not me... but that's a different issue)
                      "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
                      Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
                      " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

I can surf really well, for what it's worth.

Comment

I play on this server cause there is no AWP's so if you like AWP's play on diffrent server.

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Comment

There is a point to where we can take realism on this server. Sure, it's unlikely that a squad of highly trained soldiers would take a sniper on a covert close quarter mission. But it enforces tactical play. If we wanted uber realistic, we'de have to set it up so that the CT's have a couple of dozens of snipers covering every window, any weapons they need and whatnot. I think it's more important to emphasize the tactical aspects of the game, because the game mechanics don't allow for extreme realism. An AWP doesn't emphasize that. It's a gun that doesn't require skill at all really. With the zoom ability, it can hit at a range. It's extremely accurate, moreso than the scout, and it's an instant kill anywhere above the wasteline. To add to that, it shoots through people, and with some of the breaches and tactical rushes we see on this server, it could decimate entire teams with a shot or two. Besides, it would eventually always end up in a sniper war, instead of having people rush for the bomb or hostage, we'd have people rushing for the dropped sniper rifle.

Comment

I would have to say that the awp is not as accurate as the scout but after playing on a death match server where people only use the awp it gets really annoying to die in one shot thats not a head shot.
                              There are no winners in war.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X