less maps?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• less maps?

You knew it had to happen... the first ever CS:source map complaint thread :icon19:

Ok, I know there are not enough CS:S maps as it is, but based on the travel times between spawns and bombsites, I think that dust and chateau are inherently "un-PCS". Just my opinion. Actually, I don't dislike playing these maps and they can be played somewhat tactically. I just think they lend themselves to repeated run-and-gun.

Re: less maps?

Originally posted by RandomGuy
    You knew it had to happen... the first ever CS:source map complaint thread :icon19:

Ok, I know there are not enough CS:S maps as it is, but based on the travel times between spawns and bombsites, I think that dust and chateau are inherently "un-PCS". Just my opinion. Actually, I don't dislike playing these maps and they can be played somewhat tactically. I just think they lend themselves to repeated run-and-gun.
    Agreed. I hate Dust and want it to disappear ASAP. I don't know how it even made it through the initial server configuration, honestly...

Chateau is ok, but barely.

Office is good for regulars, but I don't like playing on it with pubbies. They tend to push the limits too far even if they know the rules...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Dust is the only map I'd like to see removed. And that's only because I friggin' hate it beyond belief due to how overplayed it was in CS. THe rest of the maps are cool though.

Comment

Yes, the Ts on Chateau can get to the bomb site before the CTs.

I agree that some maps could be culled, but really, we seem to only have 6 maps as it is. I don't think people want to play the same ones over and over again.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
          Yes, the Ts on Chateau can get to the bomb site before the CTs.

I agree that some maps could be culled, but really, we seem to only have 6 maps as it is. I don't think people want to play the same ones over and over again.
          I'd rather play Piranesi over and over and over and over than ever play Dust again...
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
            I'd rather play Piranesi over and over and over and over than ever play Dust again...
            I'd rather gouge out my eyes with a fork than play Dust again. :P

Comment

I agree on both Dust and Chateau.. As already stated they seem to be very UN-PCS maps. If anyone comes across any NEW CS Source maps, please let me know.. It would be nice to get some of them up and on the server. Especially now, since we don't need to make clumsy map packs. We can just use the HTTP delivery and get speedy downloads right from the CS server.
              Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Valve has not released mapping tools yet, so any maps out there will be made with tools from last year's HL2 leak. I would expect mapping tools to be made available around HL2's release (Nov.16)

Comment

Originally posted by RandomGuy
                  Valve has not released mapping tools yet, so any maps out there will be made with tools from last year's HL2 leak. I would expect mapping tools to be made available around HL2's release (Nov.16)
                  followed by a flood of new cheats as they work out how to use the SDK.........

dust is alright for small games....

where is assault though? did it not make it into source? :(
                  From Adam Webb

Comment

I'm just looking at these now, I'm going to down 'em and check 'em out.

http://www.gameconnect.info/modules....rticle&sid=537

http://games.saix.net/localdownloads...in&p_level=720

Perhaps 2 maybe 3 could be used on the server the way it looks.

Apparently there are some others (bada_source maps) that are a meld of CS and CZ.

:)

EDIT:

Yeah, like Random Guy said, it seems everyone is saying that since Hammer hasn't been released the only way any CS: S map could exist is with the hacked goods. Oh well...
                    Last edited by DeRanger; 10-24-2004, 10:56 PM.

Comment

I know that there are maps that were created with the leak that Steam is blocking, so keep that in mind.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by eternal

At least that last map pack wasn't clumsy. You should find that guy and get him to work for you! :D
                        http delivery of content with Source isn't clumsy either. It's actually very fast and efficient and easier to update on-the-fly as opposed to map packs and stuff.
                        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

i dont want 100s of custom maps.....its when people are learning that they cause problems, like pushing the limits on defence moving forward etc. its also harder to learn maps on here since map time is so short (only 9 wins???????) and you cant use the whole map. On a pub you'd run around the whole thing searching for people, and you;d have 15-20 rounds on it.......(this sounds like i want this style! lol errrr not)

rio is something i would like to see
                          assault (or something close)

increase the win limit to 15 or something that way we dont go through the map cycle so fast
                          From Adam Webb

Comment

Originally posted by Overlag
                            rio is something i would like to see
                            assault (or something close)
                            Yes, Rio, Assault, Museum are all good maps that TG should have!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X