Help me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me

Hey, I know I have a history with some of you guys and tritone. Recently, my computer died and I had to replace it with an old computer sadely this computer can't play any de/cs maps which kind of pisses me off. I know im kind of banned from the server...but im workin on that. Like even when I try to run a de/cs map it kicks me out and says some C++ error thing. So could any of ya'll help me. Like is there a way that I will be able to play with out buying RAM or a new video card?

-Sara (Dr. Fasty)
    - Tritones worst nightmare xD
    Me - I'll Just blame bush.
    Disciple - Bush? Is that some sort of slang for women? - Hahaha I love disciple.

btw Bush = worst president ever.

Re: Help me

Alright now I got

Engine Error
    Failed to lock vertex buffer in CmeshDx8 : LockVertexBuffer

wtf does this mean?
    Disciple - Bush? Is that some sort of slang for women? - Hahaha I love disciple.

Comment

Would help if you included what components are in your computer. MB, RAM, Video Card...

Originally posted by Sara View Post
      Hey, I know I have a history with some of you guys and tritone. Recently, my computer died and I had to replace it with an old computer sadely this computer can't play any de/cs maps which kind of pisses me off. I know im kind of banned from the server...but im workin on that. Like even when I try to run a de/cs map it kicks me out and says some C++ error thing. So could any of ya'll help me. Like is there a way that I will be able to play with out buying RAM or a new video card?

-Sara (Dr. Fasty)
      - Tritones worst nightmare xD

Comment

384MB of RAM
        14.1GB of space
        Don't know how to check vid card.

Comment

Originally posted by Sara View Post
          384MB of RAM
          14.1GB of space
          Don't know how to check vid card.
          The easiest way to check video card is to right-click on your desktop and go to properties. Then, in the Settings tab you'll probably see something like Display: [your video card name].

If that doesnt work, goto Start, right-click on My Computer and go to Manage. Click on Device Manager, and then Display Adapters.
          ORGANBiTER | $_COOKIE['monster'] | UBiQ

Comment

i think you have a gfx card that isnt dx8+ compatible
            powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

its a Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics controller

Comment

Alright so its
                384MB of RAM
                14.1GB of space
                Video Card - Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics controller

Comment

Originally posted by Tonk View Post
                  i think you have a gfx card that isnt dx8+ compatible
                  I did some looking and according to http://www.intel.com/support/graphic.../CS-009078.htm, it is compatible with DX9. Not sure what the deal is....

Are you trying to run at an especially high res? It's not the best card.... might be asking too much of it.

Comment

This might be a long shot, but its worth a try... I was getting that very same error and could not for the life of me figure it out... Then it hit me! Ive ALWAYS played with AA off, and the other day I was messing around and saw that the default * setting was 4x.. so I went with it to see how the game looked.. it looked great for a few days, then the errors and garbled textures.... I have never used AA before so I actually forgot I had turned it up.. I went back and turned it off and BAM! not one of those errors since! I doubt that Steam would give you a default setting of 4x AA with those parts, but hell check it out in Video Settings and see, if its turned on, turn AA completely off.
                    Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta View Post
                      This might be a long shot, but its worth a try... I was getting that very same error and could not for the life of me figure it out... Then it hit me! Ive ALWAYS played with AA off, and the other day I was messing around and saw that the default * setting was 4x.. so I went with it to see how the game looked.. it looked great for a few days, then the errors and garbled textures.... I have never used AA before so I actually forgot I had turned it up.. I went back and turned it off and BAM! not one of those errors since! I doubt that Steam would give you a default setting of 4x AA with those parts, but hell check it out in Video Settings and see, if its turned on, turn AA completely off.
                      It that sounds like Greek to you, "AA" stands for Anti-Aliasing. It'll be in your video options. It might be a good idea to turn everything as low as possible and see if it works; if it does, start turning things back up a little at a time until your card says no more. Also, vertical-sync may be a problem with an older card. So might the water reflections. I'd turn v-sync, AA, and water reflections off and give it a try. Water reflections especially rely on DirectX, which your video card said it only somewhat supports.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X