CSS Video Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSS Video Issues

OK, I was running CSS the other day just fine, but for some reason the video has crapped out on me all of a sudden. I get this garbled screen once ingame. I fiddled with some settings and tried to turn everything down, blah no help.

Now I reinstalled Steam and CSS, still no luck.
    I also changed video cards, same results.
    Yes, all my drivers are updated, currently running 175.16, but tried all versions back to 158.45.
    Even went so far as to change monitors, still same results.
    It is not a cooling issue, temps are fine

This is annoying as hell so I looked though the Steam forums with no luck.:row__578:

Any advice would be awesome!!

Specs are below (before you even ask!):

Vista Ultimate 64
    Q6600 Quad, Running OCed at 3.2
    2 Gig Dominator/1142MHz
    2 X 8800 GTX BFG OCs in SLI (tried turning it off, same results)
    EVGA 680i SLI MB
    Water cooled
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Re: CSS Video Issues

Hmmm a few questions, what exactly is the anomilie on the screen, is this just with css or with other steam games?

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    Winston Churchill

Comment

Just CSS. All my other games are fine... As for the anomaly, it is a huge distortion that makes everything blurry and unrecognizable. It is not something like missing textures, this is a new one to me..
      "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Since its new mayhaps you could take a screeny and let us see it?

Comment

Tried, all that came up on a screen shot was a black screen.:row__522:

Comment

May be Vista?
            Me - I'll Just blame bush.
            Disciple - Bush? Is that some sort of slang for women? - Hahaha I love disciple.

btw Bush = worst president ever.

Comment

Well i suppose that wouldnt help us much would it. Since you said temps were fine i dont know how to help you. Are you just checking the CPU temps that your pc tells you? If so id reccomend opening the case and putting a house fan on it areas were the pc takes tempertures arnt always the area thats causing the problem. If that does help it definatly isnt temp related. Like i said only thing i can think of to help you. Good luck

Comment

I got the same MB and same cards as you. But I have vista 32. I bet its vista. Maybe system restore to the point where you didn't have the problem.

I'm having and Issue right now with Lord of the rings. I have the garbled screen after the launcher. My temp fix right now is playing windowed.

Maybe Vista had a recent update that has left us in the cold :(

Oh by the way Vulcan was trying to help me and I think hes a great guy for all the time he took out to help me.

FUN FUN

Comment

Ok, I was able to get a decent screen shot that represents the issue I am having. I do not know if it helps...

Comment

Wow looks like your desert surfing :( I have had nothing like that. Vulcan figured mine out. Vista won't run my 1024 by 768 res :( But it runs 1280 by 768 :). So I seem to be in the clear sorry about your headache though Big C :(

FUN FUN

Comment

It sounds like you've tried every possible fix. I am running vista ultimate 64 and I've never had a problem other than the obnoxious "Hl2.exe has stopped working" every time I exit the game.

When you uninstalled did you make sure every file was deleted?
                      They probably were...

Did you reinstall from a disk or with Steam download?
                      I can't imagine that that would change anything though.

Were you smoking anything when you got the error?
                      I guess a screen shot proves it's real...

Add another video card?
                      Bahahaha

I'm guessing you've tested on several maps right?

The only time I had a problem like this was on BF2 just a day before my video card completely fried, but you've tested other cards. Sounds like it would have to be a software or driver glitch, but who knows. Corrupted files or something...but uninstal should have corrected this... This is a tough one.

Good luck diagnosing further.

Comment

I've never had a problem other than the obnoxious "Hl2.exe has stopped working" every time I exit the game.

Yeah i get that message with my 32 vista. I guess its harmless then :) I hope :/

FUN FUN

Comment

Originally posted by sparhawkxx View Post
                          I've never had a problem other than the obnoxious "Hl2.exe has stopped working" every time I exit the game.

Yeah i get that message with my 32 vista. I guess its harmless then :) I hope :/
                          Me to, no other problems in vista, but you know that all the settings for ther graphic and res are kept in the registry? so reinstalling everything will not touch those settings.

If you know enough about the registry, try deleting this string:
                          HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1347906923-4136830485-425858403-1000\Software\Valve\Source\cstrike\Settings

(do search for "valve" the numbers will be different)

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X