another night of CS ruined

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another night of CS ruined

please ban 0:0:3351905 + about 10 others i couldnt be botherd to write down.

and could we please have some active admins playing on the server to remove them instantly *HINT* ;)
    From Adam Webb

Re: another night of CS ruined

I know its very frustrating Adam but as I've said before, patience is crucial until Paul sorts-out admins and more specifically until some real admin tools are developed.

I sent that ID to Paul already along with a couple of others so apparently it has been taken care of. :icon12:

If a player (or players) are causing continual grief and repeatedly misbehaving just get their Steam IDs and send them along to Paul as he has been very good about removing them.

I must stress, however, that prior to any "action" it might be necessary to curtail your game and put-up with some guff while trying to educate players, I find that in many cases it works but it can be difficult and time consuming. Many just fall into line after having things explained to them, naturally some will not. Its tough but it will pay dividends in the long run because we want as many players here as possible, hopefully purchasing memberships eventually also... :icon12:
    Last edited by DeRanger; 11-07-2004, 05:32 PM.

Comment

someone hacked his account with valves cheats
      From Adam Webb

Comment

Hmm...this seems like the best thread to reply to. I searched out this site after playing on your CS:S server. While I got a great ping, and the conecpt of "tactical gaming" appeals to me, I did have a problem. It was me, someone who seemed like an Admin, and another guy. I guess I wasn't "playing correctly" because I would come and kill him(this admin fellow) at his CT spawn (which he camped religiously). However, he thought I should be guarding the hostages. Which, mind you, makes for a rather boring game when both players dont move from their spawn. Man, I know this sounds lame, but I'm just trying to understand what the hell you guys are about. This continued from Italy into Aztec, where he again, as a T, would camp his spawn. AND THEN lecture us as to "CTs should not be hunting Ts". I guess Im just confused. Cool site, cool concept, I
        guess thats how it goes.

Comment

the point is you was rushing the attacking teams spawn.... To be honest some players act differently when people like you break our rules:

Some will play as normal and gun you down as you storm in then warn/kick you.
          Some will turn to camping to get you, then warn/kick you.

Im the first one, i dont care for rushers as a good attacking team should be able to deal with you with ease, especialy since you will probably be a lone attacker vs the whole other team.

Fact is you are supposed to defend Hostages/bombsites and nothing else, the two guys who was moaning (probably me and deranger) are both right, no matter how they deal with it. Theres 7 minutes for the attackers to get the job done, it doesnt need to be done in the first 30seconds....much like sex, the longer it lasts the better..........

tactical play doesnt mean rush in and kill/die as fast as possible. if you want that theres 100000's of "pubbie" servers out there that are fine with the deathmatch style.

oh and try and learn the tactical way its fun, its much like a clan match when you start getting used to other players here, i know last year when it was like cs1.3 everyone knew everyone elses moves etc etc, much like a real clan.

And to top that off, people are now getting admin rights here, so follow what they say this time.... I hope you will come back though :)
          From Adam Webb

Comment

Originally posted by section-8
            Hmm...this seems like the best thread to reply to. I searched out this site after playing on your CS:S server. While I got a great ping, and the conecpt of "tactical gaming" appeals to me, I did have a problem. It was me, someone who seemed like an Admin, and another guy. I guess I wasn't "playing correctly" because I would come and kill him(this admin fellow) at his CT spawn (which he camped religiously). However, he thought I should be guarding the hostages. Which, mind you, makes for a rather boring game when both players dont move from their spawn. Man, I know this sounds lame, but I'm just trying to understand what the hell you guys are about. This continued from Italy into Aztec, where he again, as a T, would camp his spawn. AND THEN lecture us as to "CTs should not be hunting Ts". I guess Im just confused. Cool site, cool concept, I
            guess thats how it goes.
            Hmmm, I doubt that any of our regulars would be camping their spawn when they're on the offensive team. That goes against the way we play on our server.

Our rules are pretty simple, actually. If you're on a team that has a defensive objective (guarding hostages, preventing bombs from being planted), then you need to stick to your mission. Abandoning your objective to go in search of frags is a sure way to get yourself banned from our server. If you're on a team that has an offensive objective (planting bomb or rescuing hossies), then you need to stick to your mission. Camping your spawn or otherwise abandoning your objective to go in search of frags is a sure way to get yourself banned from our server.

Back to the admin that you kept killing in his spawn: If you ran straight there and found him standing in his spawn and killed him, then you should have been banned after he warned you. He was probably still there because he was busy typing warnings to people that are too disrespectful to follow server rules.

Sorry if I sound harsh. It's difficult to tell what happened from what you described. Bottom line is that we like to play a certain way, focusing on teamwork and objectives. Killing people is something you have to do to accomplish your objectives, but it's NOT a priority on any of our servers. Teamwork and objectives are always the priority. There are plenty of people that don't care to play our way. That's fine, because there are plenty of servers out there for fragmonkeys. Our server is rather unique. I think the Dead Men Walking are the only other CS guys that play like this...

Did I mention that our emphasis is on teamwork and objectives? :icon7:
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

dave, because we've had no admin powers on the server lately, its kinda true what you said, deranger would be typing warnings on the server, only to be killed by the guy again.

we REALLY need to get some regs back in here, because its hard teaching pubbies when theres only 2 of you on...so far its just been me and deranger on alot...ive seen a few others but....
              From Adam Webb

Comment

hell i even had to turn to team hurting to stop them...and thats BADDDD..........
                From Adam Webb

Comment

That was probably me "camping" spawn and only because I would have been typing instructions continually and I'm a really poor typist. Its hard to play and type with two or three fingers at the same time.

Section-8, I think the other guys explained how we play here but remember:

Team, Objectives (in your case at the time *protecting hostages from rescue*, then kills.

Hope you understand how we do things here, come back and play again by our rules, you might really get into it. Thanks for posting and asking questions, I wish more players did that.

Cheers, DeRanger (aka down syndrome adonis)

Comment

Ahh...well, that explains it a little bit more. Apparently there is something called the PCS rules? Im going to search for them now. I think you guys are right when you say more admins would solve the problem. I guess im seeing 5:30 left on the clock and we are all just sitting there thinking "is this fool afk or what?". Like you said, most "pubbies" have gotten used to CS's fast game play, and dont really appreciate the limitation of tactics. Hmm...Ill be back on the server for sure, after I check out these "PCS" rules.
                    Thanks to all.

Comment

Speaking of PCS rules...

Apophis (or Cingular or anyone else in the know), do we have a copy of the old PCS rule set that we can update and perhaps link to from the MOTD or at least have a point of reference for someone like section-8 who would like to see. Do we even have them available somewhere here at TG right now? I think the MOTD spells it out nicely in basic terms but as we've already surmised, not too many people stop to read it. Save this it would be nice to be able to refer players to a link.

Comment

I wanted to start another thread but I'll state my grievances here instead seeing the title of this thread is quite fitting.

I played the TG public CS:S server last night and all I kept seeing was TG members and others discussing/argueing over tactics. I haven't been around for long and my words may not carry the clout that some of you have here but I've always spoken my mind so here goes...

Tactics on a CS server is, well, like asking quakers to not play DM on Quake servers. I've never seen it and I'm afraid I never will. It's too late for CS, unless you make the server private and only members who understand tactics play it. You can't expect people who join your CS server to abide by rules that just don't fit into the CS mentality. I don't know the percentages but most who play CS or CS:S are under 15 and do not want nor have the patience to play the game the way you want it played on your servers.

I'm not saying that this is what I want, I don't. I joined your server last night expecting to play CS:S the way you guys want but all I found was bickering among your members, two of them. I'm not here to tattltale or anything but I don't know if you noticed but the server emptied out soon after the bickering started.

What I'm trying to say is you can't get pubbers who want to DM in CS to play the game the way TG wants it played. I was admin of 14 CS, DoD servers at one time and I never ever was able to do get the gamers united to play the game as it was meant to be played, by completing objectives. Unless the server was locked and I played with my buds who understood the gameplay. As soon as the server was unlocked, the pubbers came back to ruin it for all.

CS:S is a Deathmatch style of game not much different from Quake, Doom, Painkiller etc. It has that reputation glued to it and IMO it will never change. It's too late for that now. I would concentrate on promoting another game instead of CS, if you want to have some good tactical CO-OP fun. But that's just me.

Remember now, this is only my opinion on the matter. I have no intention of changing anything here or starting a discussion/arguement on the subject.

All I want really, is to find a game that everyone will understand and play the way it was meant. DMing is not my cup of tea anymore, I had fun back then but times have changed and us gamers want more than just a DM server. We want tactics, CO-OP, communication, teamwork and completing objectives whether they be planting bombs, protecting hostages, blowing up a bridge, etc. I played AA for a while and kind of liked it but I couldn't find any good groups to join and kept playing pubs untill I got bored of it, not because of the game but because of the people playing it.

I've said enough and may be going off topic here so me shuts up for now. ;)

Laterz

Comment

Natural Selection is one of TG's most active games, meets exactly the situation you're looking for (a server established in tactics, CO-OP, communication, teamwork and completing objectives), and, looking to the future (and past) of CSS here, started over two years ago in just the same state in which our CSS server finds itself now: idiot majority.

So, if you don't have what it takes to help us build the CSS server, come join us on the NS server until the CSS server is more established in committed playerbase.

However, if you DO have what it takes to help us build the CSS server, consider the following:

PCS has thrived here in the past, and it was due to the same mindset that you're claiming cannot be subscribed to by a number of players sufficient enough to keep a server active. Two members fighting? *gasp* It happens, but it doesn't represent how members typically behave.

As you can see by reading this forum, there's not perfect unity when it comes to how people envision this server re-establishing itself, but we are unified in WHAT we envision this server to establish, and it WILL happen in time. Hell, we've already established regulars on our CSS server and we don't even have admin tools yet. We're doing all of this (educating and admin-ing) with RCON!

Patience has been called for with regard to the server's state, and the call is real. I do hope you have the patience. You're a nice guy, and I'd hate for you to hit the road because the growth pattern got under your skin too much.
                          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Thanks for the comments CozmikD, you're bang-on actually and therein lies our challenge. The last thing we want is to have to password the server and restrict attendance. That is why a few of us are on the server playing, observing, typing our fingers raw and punching key binds to try and educate new players, some of which will hopefully stick around.

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                            As you can see by reading this forum, there's not perfect unity when it comes to how people envision this server re-establishing itself, but we are unified in WHAT we envision this server to establish, and it WILL happen in time.
                            In reference to CozmikD's comments above and to yours, you are wrong Wyzcrak. There is rock-solid unity with the elder statesmen and CS admins here as to how we would like to play the game and develope the server, the only discention hinges on one person here at the moment as far as I can see it and that is going to come to a very quick end one way or another because personally I thought (and I'm not the only one) what happened on the server yesterday (in terms of the argument among members) was deserving of a kick at the very least and it will not happen again. That kind of sabotage is not only disrespectful and inappropriate but damaging to the server and the reputation of TG.
                            Last edited by DeRanger; 11-14-2004, 03:38 PM.

Comment

I trust appropriate action will be taken to prevent inappropriate behavior on the server.

Questioning how we treat new players, when done appropriately and in the right place, is both occuring presently and is not out of line. My only point was that the questioning was presently taking place.
                              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X