Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help the COD4 guys with the Game Play PLEASE!~!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help the COD4 guys with the Game Play PLEASE!~!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to ask for some help from vulcan or sparhawk
    or BOTH with the COD4.I dont know if its the maps or what but
    seems like every map is rushhhhhh.the planing consists
    of someone grabbing the bomb and yelling A or B.come on
    PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! I just feel like the css servers are
    awsome and If they could get the COD4 servers that way WOW....

OHH BTW <S> everyone

KNIFE
    <S>KNIFE |TG|

Re: Help the COD4 guys with the Game Play PLEASE!~!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to PCS :)
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

So, from what I interpret from that blob of text is that you want PCS people (Preferably Spar or Vulcan) to help with a whole different game on how to play or plan tactics? If they are up to it, they should go ahead. But it would defintly take a ton of time from them, and I don't even know if it would work (Most COD4 Maps are super tiny rush machines).

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

Its kind of like a thing in progress. The way the game play rolls on COD4 right now is that people run to the positions, camp, one shot anything that comes within range, and usually by then one or the other team outnumbers the other by far. The only time you really see high levels of comm (aka teamwork) is when theres like 2 people who have mics left on either side and they are being ninjas.

Though on CS:S, a lot of people dont go that far beyond plant A or B. Just gotta step up the lead.

Comment

Alot of it has to do with the players insuring that the game be played as we would like. I see alot of TG folks that do the run and gun. The maps on the hardcore server do well for that because they are so small. Bring the game to the TRM server and you will see a difference in game play. Remember, it is the players who make the difference. I can enforce the rules, kick and ban but in the end run who would be left. Want to make a difference, set the example for others and teach the pubbies how we play.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

I guess i just wish they could see how the css servers run and
            the 2 people that come to my mind as far as running the servers
            are vulcan and sparhawk. I was told sloppyjoe had something todo with
            the cod4 servers but i havent seen him. maybe some of the admins from
            cod4 could try out the css servers. cod4 is a great game but it could
            be so much more.....

|TG|KNIFE
            <S>KNIFE |TG|

Comment

dont get me wrong bubba i like the servers and the people
              just seems to me if they could see how css is played they
              would love it. trust me i get pulled into the rush thing as
              much as anyone. personally I think its an objective problem all
              the objectives are in the middle of the maps.I have been on other
              cod4 servers were they have moved the objectives!!!!!!

|TG|KNIFE
              <S>KNIFE |TG|

Comment

Sorry Knife I would love to come help but I just don't like the size of the screen. It is like looking out of a box :( The view in Css is better as far as that goes.

Bubba is right though you need to set a strong example. Take charge even if you think your ideas are lame. Anyone that wants to make fun of you or fight against team oriented play doesn't belong on any TG server in my opinion. I'm sure if there is trouble players Bubba or Sloppy or any of your COD admins can handle them.

Also the game is still new and just needs more Mentors. That might take a little more time but you can help it there. Again sorry I can't help ya but I might visit soon just to give it a second shot :) Good luck

FUN FUN

Comment

As a COD4 Player and previous owner operator of a modded server for realism, I can only concur that you need to take charge and direct the madness, If you do it diplomaticly but forcefully people will follow suit when they see how much more fun and realistic COD4 is when you play it tactically.

Originally posted by sparhawkxx View Post
                  Sorry Knife I would love to come help but I just don't like the size of the screen.
                  Hey sparhawkxx you can adjust the pov in cod4 to have a wider angle of view
                  I.R. Hogan |TG|

Discipline is the soul of an army.
                  It makes small numbers formidable
                  procures success to the weak
                  and esteem to all.

Comment

You mean i would actually see more and not be looking out of a box or would I still be missing like an inch of sight on all sides just stretched? I also thought of something else. Did they fix the server menu? That is pretty bad.

FUN FUN

Comment

yes.. ill look up the command for you but you can set it to a wider field of view
                      I.R. Hogan |TG|

and esteem to all.

Comment

This is the field of view command and it is by default set to 65 degrees.

You can widen your view all the way to 80 degrees and thus get a better view of what is coming at you on your flanks. If you are being constantly blind-sided by opponents, this little tweak might be for you!

You can either type the following command in your console (you enter the console by hitting the tilde "~" key) as follows:

/cg_fov 80

Or, you can permanently set this in your config.cfg and config_mp.cfg files which are located in the: D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\call of duty 4\players\profiles\Playername directory, by typing:

/seta cg_fov "80"
                        I.R. Hogan |TG|

and esteem to all.

Comment

Thanks big Hogan. I will have to load it up soon and refer to your advise. That might change the way i look at COD.

FUN FUN

Comment

Originally posted by sparhawkxx View Post
                            Thanks big Hogan. I will have to load it up soon and refer to your advise. That might change the way i look at COD.
                            Pun intended?

Comment

hehe just come play some CSS homeslice :) I'm about to jump on :)

FUN FUN

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X