Disabling Radar?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disabling Radar?

Possible? Maybe. But if it is i'd like to know peoples thoughts on it. To often the only thing I here over comms is "Radar" I do it everyone does. As if thats supposed to explain something (granted it brings ones attetion to it) Id much rather here far left behind the crates 3 spotted no bomb. Not bombers on radar.

I could go on and on with this topic(and several others that met a rather stiff resistance) but again if possible what are your thoughts actually if it isnt even possible what are your thoughts.

Re: Disabling Radar?

It's possible. I do believe that the Console command is something like, cl_radarupdate 0. However like you said, the whole "radar" comm is used to direct attention to the radar. However usually people use that command on comms when they are already taking fire, therefore they use briefly until they can find cover to give more intel.

Also, disabling the radar on the serve would not be a very wise choice in any sense.
    "Be careful guys, he's got a gun"
    - Sparhawxx

Comment

I agree with Conen. It's especially useful when you don't know the map or when you aren't sure about what different areas are called. Besides, if it wasn't for radar, I'd have far more teamkills under my belt.

Comment

I call "radar" or "bomber on radar" for the sole purpose of bringing attention to the radar. If I actually have a visual ID on the target, I'll call out more specific details.

As far as I know, removing the radar is a client side command. Meaning you could turn it off if you want to, but there's no real way of forcing it off for everyone. I'm not certain though...there maybe a server side command for it too. V would know.
        | | |

Comment

I think that was part of the last update. Vulcan might not be able to do that or show when a teamate gets killed or kills.

Doc I am with you but it is a form of communication. I see an enemy on radar from a teamates perspective either sighted or killed and I'm letting the team know about it.

After last nights lockdown I say leave the radar alone. Communication even if its enemy spotted on radar is a communication I would rather see. Not saying you don't use you comms. I speak mostly because I have teamates that won't. Is that a problem? I think so.

FUN FUN

Comment

Yes yes it is a good form of communication but it may also be holding it back. Im not saying people shouldnt say "radar" to bring attention to it. It would be stupid not to. Then theres the problem i forgot to mention which actually only comes up on a few maps. Those maps that have limited visual range such as those with heavy foilage/fog/rain. Enemies will show up on radar even though the other team never saw them. I guess this is another thing that bothers me alot. Came up several times on de_forest last night. Granted i seem to be one of the few that enjoys that type of map.

Like all my ideas they are just suggestions and if it is possible I'd like to atleast see them tested to see how they go.

Comment

I would love to get rid of the radar I see it personally as a cheat, like you say on forst when you spot of radar and people will take shots by lining up on radar even when they cant see them through the trees. However it can not be enforced server wide, people can always switch it back on meaning that it would not be fair. However if we ever did get the ability then it would be great for lockdowns.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
              Winston Churchill

Comment

Its just like the doors you can see through on a few of our maps. ITs blind firing. For you to just shoot at a phantom using the radar without seeing or hearing them is an exploit and will end up getting you banned.

If you see this and you know your teamate is doing this ask them to please stop and notify them that it is blind fire.

FUN FUN

Comment

disabling radar is great but you start to remove your awareness. In RL you have all of your senses and can see much more then what a game screen can give you, so the radar/aim dot give that back to you. Ive often wondered if removing the bomb from radar might be worth it. You dont actually have to see the bomb for it to be broadcast across the game.
                  that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                  -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by sparhawkxx View Post
                    Its just like the doors you can see through on a few of our maps. ITs blind firing. For you to just shoot at a phantom using the radar without seeing or hearing them is an exploit and will end up getting you banned.

If you see this and you know your teamate is doing this ask them to please stop and notify them that it is blind fire.
                    On the other hand, There are situations when you have to keep the enemy down by firing off rounds without actually seeing them(while hostages are being taken, or teammates are closing in or breaching, etc.) and using the radar as a tool to know roughly where to shoot is, in my view, acceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by Potshot View Post
                      On the other hand, There are situations when you have to keep the enemy down by firing off rounds without actually seeing them(while hostages are being taken, or teammates are closing in or breaching, etc.) and using the radar as a tool to know roughly where to shoot is, in my view, acceptable.
                      Supressive fire is different than aiming at someone by way of radar and killing them when you never even saw them.

Suppressive fire is for the sole purpose of keeping someone busy while a teammate does something else. You can't call what they are saying happened on forest suppressive fire.
                      "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
                      "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump

Comment

Originally posted by Disciple View Post
                        I would love to get rid of the radar I see it personally as a cheat, like you say on forst when you spot of radar and people will take shots by lining up on radar even when they cant see them through the trees. However it can not be enforced server wide, people can always switch it back on meaning that it would not be fair. However if we ever did get the ability then it would be great for lockdowns.
                        Yep. If only if only. This would go for the kills in the top right too.. you could totally make stealth kills and no one would find out. You would have to be in constant communication though.. but it would probably still be fun if it was possible.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

Originally posted by Kulmar View Post
                          Yep. If only if only. This would go for the kills in the top right too.. you could totally make stealth kills and no one would find out. You would have to be in constant communication though.. but it would probably still be fun if it was possible.
                          Probably along the the lines of crazy fun. Also if you couldnt hit tab and see how many opfor are still alive. Ahh yea.

Comment

Originally posted by DocOpt View Post
                            Also if you couldnt hit tab and see how many opfor are still alive.
                            You are trying to make Counterstrike too realistic. The fact of the matter is, you can't make it that realistic because you are not actually in combat.

If you want to really make it realistic, Make it so that only people near you can hear you talking. Nobody in their right mind is going to be squacking their radio when there are three enemies right near him. Soldiers use handsignals and such.
                            "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
                            "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump

Comment

Originally posted by Clefspeare View Post
                              You are trying to make Counterstrike too realistic. The fact of the matter is, you can't make it that realistic because you are not actually in combat.

If you want to really make it realistic, Make it so that only people near you can hear you talking. Nobody in their right mind is going to be squacking their radio when there are three enemies right near him. Soldiers use handsignals and such.

Whaaa I would love to not being able to tell who is dead and who is alive on my team or opposition until they radio'd in this would be like a hardcore version of the game that we could play on lockdowns.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
                              Winston Churchill

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X