Hey guys, headset ideas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys, headset ideas

Well, since I got this job I've got plenty of spare moneyz. I am in need of a new headset (Its been broke for a while, have to fiddle with the wire to get sound to both sides.. and now its only staying at 1 side)

I was wondering what you guys have? I don't want something totally expensive and high tech. Just some durable/reliable one for ~60 bucks maybe.

Note: Only in CSS general forums because I don't feel like getting flamed for starting a new one in general forum of TG when there was plenty others. But I looked through and only saw that they recommended medusa's and stuff (130$)
    Last edited by Kulmar; 06-20-2008, 11:40 PM.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Re: Hey guys, headset ideas

Forget the critics over there. Go for something simple like a USB headset. They are fairly cheap and deliver great sound for the game. I have several expensive model of gaming headsets, but nothing beats my Plantronics I paid $40 for. They are light and they do not make my ears sweat like some of the heavier, more expensive ones.
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

What about wireless? Saw it on the Plantronics website... would it be any good for gaming?
      One reason why I would like this is there would be no wire to trip over / pull out of the headset.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

I just got a new headset at Circuit City the Creative Fatality for $50 bucks you cant beat it its light weight has a detachable Mic the sound quality great its not the most comftorble headset Ive used but its my Favorite.
        |TG| Plude220

Comment

Yeah Platronics is a good cheap idea. Or just get one of there mics and pin it to you. Then buy the Sony buds for $50.

I know this sounds kinda funny but Buds block all of the outside sound out that is in your home. I have never found anything better then buds. I still use them with my xm radio. I have used alot of headsets. Buds are extreme comfort also.

FUN FUN

Comment

My friend uses one of these plantronics the sound quality is pretty good, the mic sounds clear and it only cost like 60 CAD.

Comment

Originally posted by sam1610 View Post
              My friend uses one of these plantronics the sound quality is pretty good, the mic sounds clear and it only cost like 60 CAD.
              I have the cheaper model 350 Ultimate Performance Headset, paid about 40 CAD. Only gripe about these is the comfort pads don't last as long as you would think, especially if you live in a warm climate. I'm sure I will be going to get my warranty out of em :). Comfortable for 8+ hours of straight gaming. Had them for a year now and they are still as good as new. So the 650 would be much more versatile and convenient.

2 Thumbs up on this set.

Edit: My set does not have the USB adapter. The headset also cancels out all environmental noises (almost as good as earbuds.)
              Last edited by Extinct; 06-21-2008, 11:07 AM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

I got a Logitech gamer one that is USB and over the head. Great mic and good sound.

Comment

Logitech is pretty nice. Very reliable as well. I don't know any others.

- -

Comment

Definitely don't do wireless. Just learn not to trip on cords! bahaha Not too hard I promise.

I've always heard great things about Sennheiser and decent things about plantronics. I'd go with Sennheiser if I were you.

Also consider getting seperate mic/headphones. That's what I use and I like it. I've considered getting a headset several times, but this setup has worked well for me. If I ever want to use the headphones for something else there isn't an unneeded mic on the side. The combo just means that when one part breaks, you have to replace both. Not to mention it's easier to find a nice pair of headphones without a mic.

Don't forget comfort. Everyone has their opinions on how comfortable a certain model is, but everyone has a different head/ears/etc. What is uncomfortable for one person may be perfect for you and vice versa.

Comment

Yeah waht Neski said thats why buds are the best. Plus they have 3 differant bud cusions that come with it to fit your ear. Then when you have your mp3 with you, just take them along without the mic.

FUN FUN

Comment

my headset cost me $20. it is a logitech headset. it comes with an optional usb attachment. I got it at a Radioshack. I've had it for about 6 months and it has yet to fail. http://www.radioshack.com/search/ind...061&cp=2032061
                        that page has lots of cheap headsets on it.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search
                        that page has the headset i am currently using and loving. :D
                        :icon35: Ultima |TG-PCS| :icon35:

This is where I put my ribbons.
                        |
                        |
                        .\__\
                        ...../

Comment

yeah I have a pair of Microsoft USB headphones. Can't remember what I payed but it was below 40 bucks. They are perfect. Light, good sound, and built-in mic. I can tell directional sound and everything with no problems.

Comment

any wireless that work well? I would like to get one so that when I die, I can pick some stuff up in the house or laundry (yeah, I'm Mr Mom) and hear when the round ends.
                            "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
                            Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
                            " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

I have some plantronic Audio. USB 650.

Best 50 i ever spent :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement