No announcement yet.

Congratulations to the worthy winners!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations to the worthy winners!

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...defense-3.html

Well done Spar and Icon, for a stella defence, I hope the person who wrote this nomination will not mind me displaying the nomination to use as an example of how a nomination can and should look with a little effort, brillient work all round. Also the admin team would love to see more people nominating their peers as such.

Ribbon Nomination for Sparhawk and Icon

Distinguished Defense

Game: Professional Counter-Strike

Map: Cs_Siege_PCS

Team: Terrorists

Date: 07 May 2008

Description:

These two fellow players of mine are great communicators and are very good defensive men. They follow orders, and give them with ease. They hold their ground the best they can, falling back if need be, and show exceptional skill in this. Here is one instance on the map Siege.

On this map, if you do not know, is a garage with 2 entrances that the Counter-Terrorists can breach from. The two entrances are the Sewer Entrance, and the Above-Ground Entrance. Icon and Sparhawkxx were both located in this area looking at these two entrances, along with me. Sparhawkxx was mainly guarding the sewer entrance, while peeking in to help Icon if he called it at the Above-Ground entrance. They had good defensive cover, a car for Sparhawkxx, and a pillar for Icon.

One of our first skirmishes was only with me and Icon, while Spar was guarding somewhere in the back. Anyway, Icon was above guarding up top (Getting no action), while I pushed out to the sewer entrance, hoping to surprise the cautious Counter-Terrorists. But in return, they surprised me by rushing me! There was 3 of em, easily pushing me back and hurting me in the process. I called Icon for support, and he put it where I needed it. He opened fire at the doorway, and helped fend off the rush. Two of them died within around 10 seconds of me exiting the door, while the third waited in ambush. I was hurt bad, and was falling back to the hostages, but in the process I got shot in the back by the lone wolf. Almost immediately after I died, Icon took him out, and helped win the round.

The next few rounds were all similar, with Sparhawkxx aiding the cause. Most of the rounds he helped guard sewers, while Icon guarded the Above-ground entrance. Icon held his ground expertly, with the occasional help of Sparhawkxx, and we only had to fall back once or twice to reinforce the Armory.

On the last round (We were doing a good 6-0 on them with this good defense) we were rushed. After getting in behind some cars and a pillar, we waited. A fellow terrorist pushed up a bit and got picked off by a sniper. Icon pulled back to not get picked off, while a smoke was tossed in the entrance. The smoked blocked mostly all visibility, and with the aid of a flash they rushed in. We hid in cover, then poked our heads out to take a couple shots. We hit, they didn't. With aid from our cover, they got destroyed pretty easily. We regained the garage within about a minute. When the smoke was thrown, 5 Counter-Terrorists stormed in, and when the smoke dissipated, 5 Counter-Terrorist bodies were found.

Conclusion:

I think these two great defenders deserve something in response to their great skill, communication, and tactical excellence. They showed me that they are very good at defending that garage, and helped our team win with a shutout.

Side-Note: If you think they do not deserve this ribbon specifically, I saw that the valorous unit was also one that they could have to be nominated for.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    Winston Churchill

Re: Congratulations to the worthy winners!

Congrats guys! Well done!
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

Comment

Wow thats a nice Nomination write up. Thank you bigtime :)

FUN FUN

Comment

Congrats, well deserved!

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

Well done guys!!!

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Goo job!

Comment

Nice job.

How about a ribbon for someone who is good with noobs, doesn't get frustrated, and explains rules to them well and so kindly... I do have someone in mind.

Comment

Congrats guys!

Comment

Great job guys, When i first clicked on the link I looked at the first couple names and was like uhhh who are they:)
                  I am the fifth and most dangerous ElEmEnT of Earth not Fire, Water, Air, or even Earth but “DEATH”
                  P.S. if you hear a scope click you better start running!!!

Comment

Nicely done guys. Keep up the good work
                    Shadowolf expect the unexpected.

2007 Fall tornament Team Awesome Undefeated 8-0 and they were doubting us.:row__537:

Comment

congrats....rightly deserved

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Originally posted by Neski View Post
                        Nice job.

How about a ribbon for someone who is good with noobs, doesn't get frustrated, and explains rules to them well and so kindly... I do have someone in mind.
                        Nominate them for distinguished conduct maybe or volunteer.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
                        Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Neski View Post
                          Nice job.

How about Distinguished Drillinstructor?
                          "Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

Comment

Congrats fellows.

That was a nice descriptive nomination.

Don't feel that you can't nominate someone just because you can't make it as descriptive as that. Say why you think said person deserves the ribbon. I have heard that if they don't get the ribbon right away, your nomination of them is remembered when another one comes in.
                            "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
                            "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump

Comment

Distinquished Conduct would be a good fit for that neski.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X