This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 Awp Per Team?

What do you guys think of the idea of 1 Awp per team as appose to scout?

Re: 1 Awp Per Team?

yeah i don't like that idea...scout is better cause you actually need some talent..awp is just point and click.

What is your stance for why you want the awp instead of scout?
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

I think the AWP would add a more tactical sense to things tbh. For example if you have a large map like a lot of the TG are it would make sense to have 1 heavy long rang defense and rifles in that sense. It also makes it more critical for the opposing awper to eliminate the enemy that has that. In addition to that it would force more team work and coverage for both sides.

Comment

Id say from a tactical sense the AWP should be left out. As Trooper said its point and click you can shoot someone in the foot for goodness sake and they die. That little fact right there gets rid of alot of the cover issue, with the scout you want to go for the head. One shot kills all the time, sounds fantastic to me...... The beginning of every round minus rushes would be alright take out there AWP with ours. Woot fun?

I'm very opinionated when it comes to snipers, I personnally dont even think the scout should be allowed on some maps.

Comment

Originally posted by DocOpt View Post
          I personnally dont even think the scout should be allowed on some maps.
          WHAT!!! why not if I might ask??
          Shadowolf expect the unexpected.

2007 Fall tornament Team Awesome Undefeated 8-0 and they were doubting us.:row__537:

Comment

A good awp player can take out a whole team by himself easy on this server teams are limited 7on7 not like many other servers 20+ teams awp would ruin the way we play. In real life having a high power 50cal rifle is a good idea but in our case its not. Also in real life a shot to the foot with a 50cal rifle would most likely take your foot off and if you cant get to a doctor or stop the bleeding fast you would bleed out so in the awps defence its power is somewhat true to real life.
            |TG| Plude220

Comment

Originally posted by Plude220 View Post
              A good awp player can take out a whole team by himself easy on this server teams are limited 7on7 not like many other servers 20+ teams awp would ruin the way we play. In real life having a high power 50cal rifle is a good idea but in our case its not. Also in real life a shot to the foot with a 50cal rifle would most likely take your foot off and if you cant get to a doctor or stop the bleeding fast you would bleed out so in the awps defence its power is somewhat true to real life.
              True in real life like you said but this is only a game and i think it will get annoying after a while, while being killed by one shot no matter where your shot. Get my point hope you do
              Shadowolf expect the unexpected.

2007 Fall tornament Team Awesome Undefeated 8-0 and they were doubting us.:row__537:

Comment

Scout has more accuracy, I rest me case.
                I am the fifth and most dangerous ElEmEnT of Earth not Fire, Water, Air, or even Earth but “DEATH”
                P.S. if you hear a scope click you better start running!!!

Comment

Why does this keep getting discussed?
                  Heres one thread..

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

Originally posted by Kulmar View Post
                    Why does this keep getting discussed?
                    Heres one thread..
                    Because we got lots of new people to our little TG forums that haven't looked through our wonderful search to find some of our more ancient posts.... We will always wind up getting posts about sniper, knife kills, map tactics...Etc...LOL!

On small maps there should be no sniper rifle but that should also be dependent on the teams tactical PLAN...

I could MAYBE see an AWP on a really large map but the scout works fine on those...

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowolf View Post
                      True in real life like you said but this is only a game and i think it will get annoying after a while, while being killed by one shot no matter where your shot. Get my point hope you do
                      I agree.
                      |TG| Plude220

Comment

Just to clarify the AWP isn't always one hit, one kill. Shots to the foot and long range shots sometimes only do damage in the 80s/90s. Also the awp is more accurate then the scout standing and crouching. The only exception to this is that the scout is more accurate when you're no-scoping. There are also sacrifices to using the AWP. The scout is the lightest weapon in the game, the AWP is the heaviest. This means both aiming and running is much more sluggish with the AWP. I also don't think, like some people, that the awp takes no skill but despite all this I still don't think that it should be un-restricted.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X