And another....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And another....

Guys speed-hacking tonight, and then the server crashed. I did TK Mr. 112211 or whatever his name was just before it went down, though. ;) Capped right in the back of the head, hehehehe.

Oh well, whatcha gonna do? VAC for CSS is coming Real Soon Now, right?

Re: And another....

Yeah, that was a real drag Gooshy. We were having a pretty good game too...

Adam and I both tried to ban him but nothing seemed to work. That is the first time I've seen anything like that and although it was pretty impressive it sure was a bummer. Nothing we could do either. Overlag shutdown the server to spare us all and the TG server from that guy. I think Caed and 1 and 1112221, etc. were all the same guy actually unless you saw two guys doing it. He was using Overlag's name for a while because I know O doesn't hack...

Originally posted by Gooshy

Oh well, whatcha gonna do? VAC for CSS is coming Real Soon Now, right?
    Dream on, we'll have to wait for AMX or AdminMod for Source I'm afraid... Could be wrong but don't hold your breath.

<sigh>

EDIT: P.S. I put a couple of posts up in Steam Powered in perhaps a futile attempt to voice displeasure at the fact that hackers are able to rule a game and developers have done little or nothing about it so far... pretty disappointing after what we saw tonight.
    Last edited by DeRanger; 11-13-2004, 10:18 PM.

Comment

some guy stole my name, and from then on the server just went nuts...whenever i tried to kick one of them it would either do nothing, or kick me no matter what command i did

rcon exit was the only way.........

service will resume shortly.....
      From Adam Webb

Comment

rcon kick did not work with CSS as of three weeks ago. I have no update since then.

rcon banid <minutes> "SteamIDInQuotes" kick

example

permaban:
        rcon banid 0 "STEAM_0:WHATEVER" kick

get the guy off the server but don't care about remembering him:
        rcon banid 60 "STEAM_0:WHATEVER" kick

Hope that helps. I did a lot to help get this server off the ground, but I've been SWAMPED lately at work (and elsewhere), and my first obligation is to the game here of which I am Game Officer: Natural Selection. So, what little time I've had to dedicate to TG (both from a player perspective and an administration perspective) have been spent there.

Best of luck. I'll continue to play and admin as time permits.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
          rcon kick did not work with CSS as of three weeks ago. I have no update since then.

rcon banid <minutes> "SteamIDInQuotes" kick

example

permaban:
          rcon banid 0 "STEAM_0:WHATEVER" kick

get the guy off the server but don't care about remembering him:
          rcon banid 60 "STEAM_0:WHATEVER" kick

Hope that helps. I did a lot to help get this server off the ground, but I've been SWAMPED lately at work (and elsewhere), and my first obligation is to the game here of which I am Game Officer: Natural Selection. So, what little time I've had to dedicate to TG (both from a player perspective and an administration perspective) have been spent there.

Best of luck. I'll continue to play and admin as time permits.
          Ditch the quotes around the steam ID...

rcon banid 0 STEAM_0:x:xxxxxx kick
          rcon writeid

That'll do the trick...
          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Thanks again Apo!

Wyz, Adam and I have it figured-out but if someone wants to drop in with a bag full of hacks we're kind of screwed. I know I was issuing commands properly and I imagine Adam was also, to try and kick and ban this guy but nothing would work. Simple as that.

I also sent a PM to another TG player (member?) tonight as they were being very disruptive in that they were continually questioning and arguing about what the "admins" were doing with regards to conveying rules tonight. I would like to ask everyone involved with the server at this point to please save ideas and criticisms for discussions OUT of game because it makes the server look bad and the admins certainly don't appreciate being patronized. Rules and too many of them are the reason the old CS server went tits-up so we are trying very hard to make the TG way of playing as simple and easy to understand as possible.

A couple of us have also been working very hard to try and get the server up to speed, it is not easy and very frustrating at times. We would very much appreciate any and all help we can get from the community here so we can make this a successful server. Anyone interested in getting involved can contact Myself, Apophis, Wyzcrak, Overlag or Tempus (any others?) with ideas and/or suggestions to be discussed. If anyone comes into the server and does what this person in question did tonight it will not bode well for them as Overlag and I are not at all charmed.

That is my rant, thanks for listening (reading?) and hope to see you out there!

Best regards, DeRanger
            Last edited by DeRanger; 11-14-2004, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Hey DeRanger, couple of good replies to your post at the Steam forums (and the usual content-free retards commenting!)

Dunno enough about PunkBuster to have an opinion - could that be the way to go with the server?

Gooshy

Comment

punkbuster kicks ATI users.......
                From Adam Webb

Comment

Originally posted by Overlag
                  punkbuster kicks ATI users.......
                  As a recovering Matrox bigot who's on his second ATI card....
                  I donut like that! ;)

Comment

I am looking into HLSW right now and considering installing it on my own server just to test it. Unfortunately we will have to wait and see if the rumoured VAC2 will become a reality with the release of HL2 or if we'll have to wait for another developer to create something. Yeah Gooshy, the Steam Powered forums are a great place for info and help from knowlegable people. Unfortunately Valve has hung the whole CS community out to dry for the time being with regards to anti-cheat mechanisms. Disappointing really... time will tell.

Oh, and I think when the 4.12 drivers come out of beta (no Win 2K users allowed) everyone will be free of the PB bug which is apparently fixed.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X