CSS Crashes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSS Crashes

So... just yesterday I started having this error. Basically what happens is after 30 seconds of play, the game freezes. Sometimes I can wait it out and it unfreezes after like a minute or so. But then it just freezes again a couple seconds later... Also, my microphone stopped working.

I deleted clientregristry.blob, deleted the cstrike folder and reinstalled..

Any suggestions?

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Re: CSS Crashes

Do you have a Sound Blaster X-Fi sound card in your system?

Comment

Time for a new game.

Tried playing any other games?

Comment

Originally posted by Assault9 View Post
        Do you have a Sound Blaster X-Fi sound card in your system?
        I have a Sound Blaster Audigy card, not sure if its the X-FI...
        Also: Just tried ArmA, and it freezes too. Last night when this first started I started having some sound errors also (Players mics not working, than a couple seconds later working)

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

any changes you have made to your system since its last working start? Programs hardward..
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

Comment

Nope. Just installed a game 'Titan Quest' like a week ago...

Comment

Try updating your Audigy drivers to the latest version and see if that helps at all. Also, have you downloaded any of the recent Windows updates?

BTW, how is Titan Quest? :)

Comment

Sounds like something is hard crashing...

You can always do the defrag, Anti Virus and Spyware removal stuff.... Clean registry...

What about normal programs...Any of them freeze? If you have an ATI card you can always try and switch over to the OMEGA drivers....

If you have a Windows restore point you can always try that as well...

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Originally posted by Quest Shady View Post
                  Sounds like something is hard crashing...

You can always do the defrag, Anti Virus and Spyware removal stuff.... Clean registry...

What about normal programs...Any of them freeze? If you have an ATI card you can always try and switch over to the OMEGA drivers....

If you have a Windows restore point you can always try that as well...
                  Just did a windows restore back a couple days and it works again! Woohoo!

Comment

Be sure to update your video card drivers I use Omegadrivers.net he does a great job tweaking them for best performance.
                    |TG| Plude220

Comment

Glad it works again....still wondering what caused it...You said the only thing you loaded was the game Titan Quest? Was there any Direct X or any other add ons that could have affected it?

Also I do agree about the Omega drivers...I have an old ATI X800 and CSS would load and crash every time with the official drivers...With the Omega Drivers installed I have no problems at all...

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

You probably got a virus whilst updating your [email protected]|< S

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X