Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My map so far.

http://www.tacticalsites.com/~skylark/de_050a.bsp

Here is the current version of my map. It is about 15 megs... that seemed like a big file until I found that vegas was 51 megs.

It is a warehouse in an abandoned area of town. The EVIL CTs are performing illegal reserach of some kind. The terrorists are there to stop their mad schemes! (I like the idea of the Ts being the good guys).

I am looking for any helpful comments on it.

Things so far:
    1) Elevator.
    I have it on 3 floors. It works pretty well.
    Push the up button to go up one floor, down to go down one floor. I didn't make it have buttons to go directly from 1 to 3. On the other floors, numbers light up to tell you what floor it is on and you can push the button to bring it to you from there.
    I have a door on the elevator itself that works. I have some doors on the map on each floor that should be there and work.. but they just don't show up. Working on that to prevent people from falling into the shaft when elevator not there.

2) Sewers in place, could probably use a little more work. Details, maybe rough them out.. too smooth and clean.

3) Lights still aren't quite right. Trying to get the right balance between lit and dark. I want a dark map, but not too dark. I'm working on making sure the lights don't extend too far. I had it where lights could be shot out, but that just wasn't working. Too many "too many lights on a face" errors and the like. A few rooms need lights added. I may try adding some light switches in the small rooms. I may even put a breaker box somewhere to cut most power... don't sure how I feel about that.

4) Outside area: More trees are present, but am working on making sure they work right (some errors on certain models). I want it to be overgrown.. needs grass and the like. More rocks or junk?

5) The main (open) area of the warehouse needs more work. It is pretty open. I need to add more items in there. It gives a bigger area to 'snipe' in, but it just seems too empty. More props or something?

6) 2nd floor needs some more work - pretty bare. I've been working on it, but I want the floor to 'make sense' as I add props.

7) 3rd floor is almost completely bare. I've just recently gotten the elevator to work up there and the stairs installed. So you can actually get up there now.

8) The bomb sites are too close together. I want to move one of them. I'm not sure exactly where to move it to. Currently they are the science equipment itself and the big natural gas tanks outside. I thought about moving one up to the 3rd floor, but I don't have a "reason" for it yet. I thought perhaps some sort of computer mainframe storage or something? destroy the data?

So I'm still looking for more comments. Anything is helpful. I'm trying to get the map to work right, then I will begin adding in all the small details that make things better. (small trash, etc)

Realize this is my first map. So I don't expect it to be awesome or anything. It is turning out a lot better then I expected though. As I learn more things, I tend to add them into the map.
    "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
    Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
    " Ednos

sigpic

Re: My map so far.

Well you got further then I did with map making I went at it for 5 mins got board and started to play CSS. :D Good luck with the rest of the creation of the map and if it isn't pro it is a learning stage to the complex thinking and art work involved.

Comment

Sounds great! I'm downloading it now. If you have a need for any sound design let me know. I've been going to school for all things sound related and am trying to get a job doing game audio.

Comment

Maybe a power line that supplies the equipment could be on the third floor. Or vats of some unknown liquid fuel (Those cylinders in Kleiners lab).
        |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

OOoooooOOOOooo
          An offer for help
          and a suggestion for electricity and a mysterious liquid.

This is getting good!
          Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
          " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Those canisters in the background filled with orange liquid.
            |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

hmm I don't remember seeing those on the list of props... i'll have to look. but given that hammer is not liking my maps right now... can't do much until I figure that out.
              " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

rename the mad de_skylark that way I can share in the credit 8)

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Comment

lol. I was thinking de_skylarkdiesalot or maybe de_madscientistwarehouse
                  but those are long..

maybe de_warehouseoftotaldoombecauseskylarkmadeitanditwi llkillyou

mmmmmm de_unholywarehouse ? that sounds kind of nice
                  " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

definitely go with an obnoxiously long name

Comment

Fix that dam garage door it defens me :(

FUN FUN

Comment

The absolute best way to come up with a name is to hit random article in wikipedia until it comes up with something interesting, like spectamen. Which, I found out today, is a genus of sea snail.

Comment

It is fixed spar. You obviously haven't downloaded the newest version! lol (or do you still think it is bad?)

I made the door go upward into the wall instead of lifting up/out and the sound is quieter and shorter. But hey! If I left it the way it was, I'd know you would never take that entrance!
                          " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

I used the one that u linked and that door kills me. I dunno is it just me? Please everyone check the garage door closest to the CT spawn. Tell me if its extremely loud when you open it. Thanks :) Sky sorry if I get bugs like that I will not only dislike it, I won't play it :(

FUN FUN

Comment

Hey Sky! Ok, so I'm a total noob... How and where do I save the file to? It will not let me download to css,,,, any help will be appreciated....

thx
                              The_Searcher

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...