Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning - newb alert.

That's right. I bought CSS today.

I've already gone through the SOPs, but I still have some questions.

Is PCS just CSS played like Apophis describes here and here?

What is the difference between the two servers? In other words, what is Vanilla vs Realism?

I'm a newb :row__642:. Be gentle. :row__523:

Re: Warning - newb alert.

It's ok, I do not understand vanilla vs. realism. Atleast your not the only one in the boat who doesn't know :P.

Comment

vanilla is just the reg mod if i am correct, and the realism servers hosts the mod that we play.....bigger gerenades and different physics, more like real life to a certin extent....but welcome to duty and look foreard to seeing you on the servers

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

We have all been newbs once....Some of us still play like one....

PCS are people that are chosen/voted by other PCS players. They are players who have proved themselves in the fact they truly understand the TG style of play.

They take leadership rolls or offer up plans and suggestions, communicate with their team mates and just plays well with others...LOL!

It is not based on how many head shots you can make...or how many kills you gather but on how well YOU help your team complete the objective...

So yes those 2 links that you posted of Apo are indeed the word...

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Originally posted by G0aliath View Post
          vanilla is just the reg mod if i am correct, and the realism servers hosts the mod that we play.....bigger gerenades and different physics, more like real life to a certin extent....but welcome to duty and look foreard to seeing you on the servers
          If realism is a mod, how do I get it? Or is it server side mods and the client is basically stock?

Comment

Its a server mod you dont need to download anything but you may want to download the server map pack so you dont have to wait to download all the maps you can get it under the SOPs.
            |TG| Plude220

Comment

Yea vanilla is CCS without any modifications what so ever. Not sure if weapon restrictions are up on vanilla Id imagine so.

The other server (Good one) Includes all the mods that have been added to the server to make it more realistic such as gun weights stronger grenades, bleeding and bandaging, and custom skins that act as camo.

I'd reccomend getting all the mods by just connecting to the server shouldnt take terribly long and you only have to do it once, and if you have a reletivly fat internet connection the map downloading shouldnt be to much of a problem.

Comment

Server 2 isnt bad in any way. I have had great games there as well.
                I'm sorry, I was taking life seriously.

Comment

Be sure and checkout Lockdown on Friday nights although I'm not sure how many people might be around with it being the 4th and all.

Comment

Assault dont forget lockdown has been extended to saterday night as well so make sure you check it out on one of those nights. Best games happen on lockdown.

Comment

Welcome to the best part of the TG community.

Comment

Friday Lockdown > Saturday Lockdown :D

Speaking of which, we need to get some more captain's matches going soon.

Comment

Yep, captain's matches are good fun. And if you volunteer to be a captain, it's a good way to get noticed. Not saying that everyone has to have the capability to plan a winning round, people know I don't fall under that category. It's the tactical thinking that people project that I tend to note, regardless of success or failure.

Also, vanilla is good fun but it didn't have the impact I thought it would in regards to bringing back the older members. The differences in gameplay, in retrospect, are pretty moot but there are noticeable differences that make for interesting games. I think the problem lies with the lack of realization that a second server exists, and it offers different gaming.

All in all this game has withstood the test of time and still offers the intense team-oriented gameplay that was commonplace three years ago. The players have changed but the game is still fun, and I think you'll enjoy it. At the pace we're going, it should still have a long shelf life here at TG.

Comment

It will be a sad day when CSS gets the boot. But I might be dead by old age then :) No comments on that please please :)

Yeah I just join he server and let it download everything as the map changes. If it kicks you before it finishes just goto the map file in CSS and delete the map it was downloading and try again. The map pack didn't work right for me. Then again nothing ever works right for me :/

FUN FUN

Comment

Hey draeh welcome to CSS. You might know me from 2142, so have fun and good luck playing

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X