TG Project Reality

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG Project Reality

I've had BF2 for awhile now, but I've just now started playing Project Reality in the TG server. It's a whole lot of fun, and I'm finally getting the hang of it. Not to pull people away from the CS community at all, but if any of you guys who have BF2 wanted to play together, I think it would be really fun to squad up sometime.

Go to http://www.realitymod.com/ to download the mod. It works best to download it through the torrent I think. It seems to download much faster. I think it's a pretty big file. I believe there is also a levels file you will need. You may not though. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

It also helps to have teamspeak http://www.goteamspeak.com/.

Tactical Gamer

Use this page to get your username and password.
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/teamspeak.php
    You must be registered in forums to use this, duh. haha

This may sound like a lot of trouble for some of you, but I think it's well worth it. The skills and tactics we learn can be useful in Project Reality as well. I am interested in seeing what we could do. Our teamwork and communication skills will make it so much fun I think.

So download the mod if you don't already have it, let me know on Steam Friends if you want to play, and we'll get a group of CS:S guys to squad up sometime. It would be fun I promise! Hope you guys do it. Can't wait if so.

Re: TG Project Reality

Or, if you are a supporting member just download it from tg.
    I'm sorry, I was taking life seriously.

Comment

Good info. Thanks.

Also if you are a supporting member you will have a reserved slot. Make sure you have a couple of hours played on your BF2 account and then do a search on one of the BF2 Stats pages for your name. It will ID you with a number. That is your BF2 ID. Put it in your forum USERCP profile page and it will auto give you a reserve slot like CS:S.

Also on the new mod make sure your filtering isn't at 4x or 6x or anything, but at default instead. The new mod has some filter problems. Still looks really good.

You'll also need a shortcut that has something similar to this, but with your folder and drive names etc.

Target: "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\pr.exe" +modPath mods/pr +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 (just add the +modPath on to the end)

Start In: "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2" (instead of Battlefield 2\mods etc.)
      Last edited by Neski; 07-07-2008, 06:37 PM.

Comment

I play PR and CSS about fifty fifty so expect to see me

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Comment

Yeah I've seen you a few times.

Question for the CS community. Wasn't |TG| Meat_Puppets a CS:S player? He was in project reality last night under a Wee_Gnat as the commander. Our team was ahead by like 80 tickets, but the guy was apparently frustrated with something that was going on... Probably taking his real world frustrations to the game. Anyway. I kid you not, this guy yelled over the command channel for three minutes straight at all the squads, how we wouldn't build a bunker for him, and how if just one person had shoveled it we'd be okay, and how we're all idiots, we all lost it for him, it's all doomed etc. Still 80 tickets ahead. So he yells on and off and swears up a storm in the process. Resigns as commander. We get everything sort of pulled together again and he takes commander position again. LMAO So then things go south, we are finally behind in tickets for the first time and he goes off on another huge rant. I was in the TeamSpeak channel with all the admins and let them listen to him for a second and they said oh we know who that is... It's Sparks/Meat_Puppets. Guy got kicked... apparently for the third time that night.

Long story short version: Meat_Puppets has serious real world problems, gets on commander on PR several times, and spams the command channel with rants about how we're all a miserable bunch of people who can't do a gosh darn simple thing like shovel a bunker, and rants and raves for minutes at a time. He honestly out did the "THAT'S A F***ING 50 DKP MINUS!!!!" guy. And if you haven't heard that video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtvIYRrgZ04

Comment

I really need to get around to downloading the mod. You don't need anything else than BF2, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Potshot View Post
              I really need to get around to downloading the mod. You don't need anything else than BF2, right?
              No, make sure it's got the latest patch though.

You'll need to download and install both the 'core' and the 'levels' files for PR.

Edit: Yes, there have been a lot of 'server down' threads recently.
              Last edited by westyfield; 07-09-2008, 01:36 PM.
              |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
              Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Well crap. Apparently the server is down.

Comment

I bought BF2 a few months ago solely for the purpose of playing this mod but the damn game crashes whenever I try to join a multiplayer game, mod or not. I've spent hours trying to get it working with no luck. If anybody has had and overcome this problem, let me know please. Thanks.

Comment

It was really fun playing with you guys tonight.

We had
                    Chappy
                    Jack Bauer
                    Modis

Someone help Chunga out so we can get him in. More more more. lol

Comment

Well that's great. It's giving me an error message in Finnish that, when translated, says something about needing a raise in something>_>

Comment

Well I was wondering if it was you Neski I saw at TS on PR channel the other day ;)
                        I was just wondering because I hadn't seen you on PR. This explains it.

Well that's great. It's giving me an error message in Finnish that, when translated, says something about needing a raise in something>_>
                        :icon41: Warning Moon Language ahead :icon41:
                        Mitä se sanoo? Voin ehkä auttaa.

Comment

Pyydetty toiminto edellyttää korotusta.

Now that I think about it, I downloaded the patch before the level pack, maybe it's that.

Comment

I used to play cs a whole lot but quit because of lag/choke

I still use some of the same fire tactics I used in cs in pr.

Current map cycle is:
                            EJOD Desert - 16
                            Jabal al Burj - 64
                            Qwai River - 64
                            Kashan Desert - 16
                            Fools Road - 64
                            Kufrah Oilfield - 64
                            Operation Ghost Train - 64
                            EJOD Desert - 64
                            Sunset City - 64
                            Battle for Qinling - 64
                            Road to Kyongan 'Ni - 64
                            Assault on Mestia - 64
                            Kashan Desert - 64

Infantry focused maps there I would say are ejod, qwai, fools road, Op Ghost Train, sunset, Road to Kyongan and Assault on Mestia.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Pyydetty toiminto edellyttää korotusta.

Now that I think about it, I downloaded the patch before the level pack, maybe it's that.
                              :icon41: Warning! Moonlanguage ahead! :icon41:

Aika randomi errori. :row__628: En oo ikinä nähny tuollasta.

Sun täytyy ladata Client Core (v0.7) ensin ja asentaa se (vaatii että BF2 on päivitetty v1.41). Sitten asennat Client Patchin ( Joka päivittää sen v0.75 ) Tämän jälkeen asennat Core Levels.
                              Sitten pitäis toimia.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X