Old Me Vs. New Me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Me Vs. New Me

Good lord almighty. I was cruising the forums after posting in Operation Goldenlight and looked at my received reps. I noticed roots one from long ago and decided to look at my old posts... yuck and humiliation is all I can say.

Before you dwell into this thread further bear in mind that this part apology to the TG community and hope that TG admins might keep what I say in mind.

The Thread that really shows my attitude when I was 17 is Why CS:S will not be replaced by NS or BF2. Here I had a spat with Root that was probably the beginning underpins to my three year ban. Of course it didn't help that I bad mouthed Root by mistake in front of him when he had changed his alias :row__581:

The sad part of what I can see in my attitude is what I see in my brother these days (he's turning 17 help me god :D). We think we are always right in every matter. While I might have made some interesting points and may, if I was lucky, have been right on some very rare occasions the way I brought it was crude and childish. Certainly most of the things I said in that early thread I would currently tear the kid a new one (with kindness of course).

Now to the main part of the post. I wish to apologize formally for my attitude of way back then (three years about... just before I turned 18). Most of the members reading this now may not have even been here that long ago. Too those, go to the next paragraph as that actually holds something I think is important to keep in mind. For those of you who remember, I wish to make it clear that I actually respect Root (but I still think he was a bit fundamentalist :D). If he had not banned me for those years, I probably would have done something to get permanently banned X_X Although Root is not here anymore, I have much respect for you Root!

The next part of the post is auxiliary to the main reason of the post which is above!

The other part of the post I wish to say something about others of that age currently in TG. Do not go down the same road I did thinking that just because you have a good score that you have a right to talk up to admins. If you do feel disrespected tell them personally but that's it. Don't curse them out, be a man and take it. They are above you so deal with it. Now a quick plea to the admins (note this is just a light appeal), even if they curse you out or are jerks, I believe it is better not to ban completely but to do the same thing to them as you did to me (ban for a significant time). If they are a true TG player they will come back just like I did (perhaps a bit roughly like me, but I hope I have made a nice niche in the TG community again). This is of course no request or statement but a belief that came from how it changed me. Take it or not, I just wished to share my findings from my own experience.

That is all I wanted to say!

~ SephVal (303rd First Sergeant)

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
    - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Re: Old Me Vs. New Me

I liked your threads, they always made me chuckle.
    I'm sorry, I was taking life seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by toyota View Post
      I liked your threads, they always made me chuckle.
      Thx Toyota. I always like to mix in comedy into my posts no matter how serious they are!

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
      - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Comment

I'm careful not to be too offensive, because that's exactly how I tend to act. I also, subconsciously I guess, start using words and expressions to give a different picture of myself. I later read what I wrote and get disgusted by what I wrote, and coupled with the fact that English isn't my first language, I sometimes get downright embarassed by it.

I've also noticed that almost every topic I post in, I almost always focus the conversation on myself. Like I did in this one. It gives a bad impression of me, and sometimes I wish I didn't post it a few days after I did.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X