my banners

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my banners

Very rough drafts. Just to see if it is worth taking this concept further or if I should throw it out and start fresh.

A.

Edit: Just looking at it as I posted I think it needs more contrast between the TG text and the stacked CT Render.
    Here are some examples with more contrast.

B.

C.

I think this yellow one is my favorite.

EDIT 2:

Further attempts

D.

This one goes out to all you guys in 1024x768 Resolution. It still isn't quite small enough for you guys, but it's better than some of the other game's forum banners.

E.

Screenshot

EDIT 3:

Someone requested more contrast on the CTs. I used a picture of actual SWAT guys stacked up. Edited out the shirts where it said police and attempted to make it look more like a CS CT render. So I can't give too much contrast or it will look more realistic than it needs to.

F.

Different render
    G.
    Last edited by Neski; 07-20-2008, 05:03 AM.

Re: TG CSS Banner Competition

Originally posted by Kulmar
    Not to be a spoiler or anything to you Neski..
    Originally posted by Neski View Post
    Very rough drafts. Just to see if it is worth taking this concept further or if I should throw it out and start fresh.
    Never said any of these were my submissions. I just wanted some constructive criticism on my drafts. Seeing as it's the website banner for the whole CS:S community I decided it would be nice to let the community give some input. I'm sure we all want to have a spiffy new and custom banner so I think it should be something we like collectively... more or less at least. Maybe some constructive criticism would be nice instead of trying to make me feel bad?

But if you want to get real technical then neither of us have acceptable posts...
    Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
    The image is 430 X 93 in size.
    So really tritone is the only one who has a submission. lol Well he's off by 2 pixels on the width. hahaha
    Last edited by Neski; 07-20-2008, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by .tritone. View Post
      1) Only yay to one of the As?
      2) Are you sure that's a rabbit? (Just image searched google for rabbit and that picture was the first that came up lmao)
      3) I believe it's LOLZ!!!!111one XD

However, great job on the gun render.

PS I think someone either sent you the wrong background for it or your ms paint screwed it up when you saved it as a 12color bitmap in ms dos. Or is that what the TG forum looks like for you? lol

Regulation size and regulation dogtags. lawl Oh and I edited in MS Paint instead of photoshop and saving it as .GIF gave it that weird textrue lol.

I can't wait to see more! I told modis I really wanted him to post one, but he said he probably wouldn't. His sprays are always epic.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Neski; 07-20-2008, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Re: my banners

neski get 1 submission and post it in that thread when you're ready.

- -

Comment

Those look pretty nice neski. My favorite is C.

Comment

Hey Neski (F) is pretty sweet if you make the colour of the writing anything other than yellow you'll get my vote at this stage. What due think to some urban camo?

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
            Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Neski View Post
              Never said any of these were my submissions. I just wanted some constructive criticism on my drafts. Seeing as it's the website banner for the whole CS:S community I decided it would be nice to let the community give some input. I'm sure we all want to have a spiffy new and custom banner so I think it should be something we like collectively... more or less at least. Maybe some constructive criticism would be nice instead of trying to make me feel bad?
              Well the thread is for the submissions, and yes my other post was not 'technically' correct, but I was just informing you of this... not trying to 'make you feel bad' or anything. The one I would choose would be E or F.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

I like the white colour at B and the design of F ... so F with white colour would be my vote :)
                "Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

Comment

I think since this is our area of TG that the Counter Strike Source Needs to take center stage....But on the same page still pay respect to TG!

Just a thought!

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

H
                    Cleaned up best version of Yellow.

I
                    White as requested by BigEye.

J
                    Urban as requested by Disciple.

K
                    Just trying to put some color into the Urban idea.

L
                    LOL Wood grain. For those who want the forum to remind them of their BMW.

M
                    Counter Strike first as requested by Quest Shady.

N
                    Take two on the request by Quest Shady.

O
                    Actually putting it in the center as inspired by Quest Shady's request. This one is the requsted size. 430x93 Not a lot of room to work with. I think the advert banners are bigger than 430 TBH.

P
                    Take two on the above image.

Comment

I think you should just put in a randomizing javascript that loads a different banner on each refresh and use all of the submissions.

On a completely unrelated note : Size of Sam's banner - 1819.01 KB (1862664 bytes)

Comment

Originally posted by .tritone. View Post
                        I think you should just put in a randomizing javascript that loads a different banner on each refresh and use all of the submissions.
                        That would be kind of cool. Or it could change every day like "The Google". Holiday banners?

If you were wondering... Yes these banners are jokes.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I like H the best.

Comment

Originally posted by MaDNess View Post
                            I like H the best.
                            I think so too. Text looks like gold bricks lol.

The urban ones came out pretty well too though. I was a little surprised.

Comment

H looks really nice. excellent work on all of the banners, i wouldnt mind the randomized banners, as they all look good.

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on.-Ulysses S. Grant

BF2142-|TG-Irr| Steezer

CSS- Blood|TG-Irr|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...