winlimit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winlimit

the winlimit is currently set as the old days on 9 wins...this means theres a maxium of 17 rounds to win.

Back in the old days this was a good winlimit because rounds was normaly longer, and games normaly much more even.

Right now though, rounds can take as little as 2minutes to be ended (small games.....) and well that means we travel through the very small map cycle much faster than i would like, and i have to admitt a few times ive changed it to 12 for italy (everyone loves italy!) and sometimes even office.

So that leads me to my question, what about changing it to:

a: 12
    b: 15
    c: removing it totaly and keeping the current 30-40minute map limit? (im not sure what it is currently)
    From Adam Webb

Re: winlimit

or anything else
    From Adam Webb

Comment

I found from running a server that if the winlimit is lower public players take each round alot more seriously. Though I didnt have the PCS thingy.

Comment

Do not make it more.. As it is, when an unpopular map comes up, the players have to wait around too long. :icon23:

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

yet popular maps disapear really fast.....:(
          From Adam Webb

Comment

An idea: keep the win limit where it is and admins can raise it temporarily when they're playing on the server and everyone playing is enjoying the map.
            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
              An idea: keep the win limit where it is and admins can raise it temporarily when they're playing on the server and everyone playing is enjoying the map.
              ok im fine by that
              From Adam Webb

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                That leads into..........omg admin doesnt want to loose........... you get the idea. Much like changing the combat time midgame.

Comment

Originally posted by Emanon
                  That leads into..........omg admin doesnt want to loose........... you get the idea. Much like changing the combat time midgame.
                  .... or changing the map before the round is over.

The point is, you would act for the majority and make sure that's what they want before you do it.
                  Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X