Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

general Idea is that Valve supprise will be..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• general Idea is that Valve supprise will be..

HL2DM.....

so, if that turns out true, do you think we'd get a server up for some mad anti grav gun killing? :icon_cool

http://www.steampowered.com/?area=news

Next week we will be releasing the Source SDK, along with a surprise for the community.
    From Adam Webb

Re: general Idea is that Valve supprise will be..

Just in case you're serious, and just in case it's necessary, I vote against a HLDM server at TG.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

why?

From Adam Webb

Comment

Screw HL2DM, they need to port TFC over to Source. If they did the same type of conversion as they did with CS:S, with re-doing everything...oh man, it'd be on ;)

HL2DM could be fun though. Would think we'd have to see how it was though before deciding if we wanted a server for it. If it ends up being nothing to grand, wouldn't warrant a server. But if they do some cool stuff with it, and add a few twists, it would be fun and worthwhile to play.

Comment

At a time when we can't have separate boxes for CSS and NS, and in a community where objectives-based gameplay and team-oriented titles are our focus, I don't see myself taking value from an HLDM server hosted here.
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I agree with Wyzcrak on this one, we've our hands full with CS: S as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by DeRanger
              I agree with Wyzcrak on this one, we've our hands full with CS: S as it is.
              but DM doesnt need to be admin'ed as such........

it could be an advertising platform for our other real tactical servers.....

why cant HL mods be run on the same server? every other server host does it
              From Adam Webb

Comment

Deathmatch is what we're trying to avoid in general as a tactical gaming community, I don't see the point really...

Comment

to have fun?
                  From Adam Webb

Comment

I vote against it, too. The only way I'd like to see it is if we get something like that multi-mod tool that allows for like 5 rounds of CS:S, 5 rounds of DoD:S, and then a round of HL2DM.

We're once again at a point where we need to find people that are interested in our specific type of gameplay and I don't see even team DM helping our cause any...
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Unless they add a CTF game mode or something, I don't see any longterm potential in a TG HL2DM server... That said, we could at least run a temporary one for a couple days while it's still fresh.

Comment

The first server I ever ran off the HL engine was Team Deathmatch HLDM.

My favorite map was bdown and my team's tag was [42]. :-) Now that was a loooooooooooooooong time ago..
                        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

point is, a new game = less servers around = more likely people will join the TG DM server.

then you have new "customers" learning the TG name
                          From Adam Webb

Comment

Originally posted by Overlag
                            point is, a new game = less servers around = more likely people will join the TG DM server.

then you have new "customers" learning the TG name
                            But it's not the name TG is selling (unless you're buying a t-shirt or something); it's a particular kind of experience, one that I think you'd be hard-pressed to have in a deathmatch environment.
                            [volun2]
                            NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                            Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                            <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                            <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

i love a bit of deathmatch

i also love TG CS
                              From Adam Webb

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse